Viofo a129 pro Timelapse with Polarizer

I would advise against drinking what is in pretty much all Danish lakes, not where we get our water from. :)

But nice TL

I watched that on a 4K monitor. The compression artifacts are disturbing. In certain sections the ripples on the water are stationary, other sections are shown as a fixed uniform blur. The clouds in the sky stutter.
We need better compression algorithms.

I watched that on a 4K monitor. The compression artifacts are disturbing. In certain sections the ripples on the water are stationary, other sections are shown as a fixed uniform blur. The clouds in the sky stutter.
We need better compression algorithms.
I appreciate your feedback as I am unable to watch it in 4k (or 1440), and I wondered what it looked like.

Last edited:
I think if this system remain in 4K during parking mode ( which i assume is how / why this was recorded ) then the pretty basic bitrate of a dashcam would probably have a lot of limitations.
For H.264 i would not go below 100 mbit with 4K recording, for H.265 i dont really know but probably 50 mbit at least, and dont know about the even newer stuff like AV1.

I think if this system remain in 4K during parking mode ( which i assume is how / why this was recorded ) then the pretty basic bitrate of a dashcam would probably have a lot of limitations.
For H.264 i would not go below 100 mbit with 4K recording, for H.265 i dont really know but probably 50 mbit at least, and dont know about the even newer stuff like AV1.
Actually, no, it was not recorded in parking mode, and bitrate was set to maximum.

I appreciate your feedback as I am unable to watch it in 4k (or 1440), and I wondered what it looked like.
I don't know if you can blame all of this on the camera, Youtube re-compresses everything.

I was waiting for a collision between the clouds heading rightwards, and the clouds heading leftwards, but it never happened!

Back