Viofo A139 - First Impressions

Wow, you can see from the rear video he was going very fast along the pavement!

Video footage from today's dangerous driver on the footpath who almost hit two boys

In the front video you can hear the audible alert that sounds when you press the event button. I found during testing today that the A139 on FW V1.0 1113 does not always make a voice announcement. It does the first time the button is pressed. If it is pressed again within that video clip segment, then the multiple beep sound is made.

I also found that the A139 appears to save the current video clips to the RO folder when the event button is pressed, but neither the clips before or after the event are saved.
Ridiculous driving. I’m no saint that’s for sure but driving like that especially when there’s school kids everywhere is unbelievable.
The kids react to it as well so it was clearly as close as it looked, thing is he didn’t even turn left so he was just jumping the traffic and not trying to get to the left lane.
Lucky you got it on camera, I wonder if it would proceed better if the kids were found and reported it.

I wonder if it would proceed better if the kids were found and reported it.
Looks like pretty good evidence already, certainly enough for a fixed penalty and way past what is acceptable.

They might take that to court rather than a fixed penalty so that they can get a decent result, in which case the judge is going to be as happy with the video evidence as you and me, and I don't think he/she will hold back on the size of the penalty! None of the witnesses will have seen the face of the driver so I don't see what would be gained by calling any witnesses, just needs someone to verify the video is real, and a written witness statement is enough for that.

Lucky you got it on camera,
It does show the usefulness of side view cameras, although the side view isn't actually needed in this case, the front view is wide enough to see what happened, the side view just makes it clear how bad it was.

Looks like pretty good evidence already, certainly enough for a fixed penalty and way past what is acceptable.

They might take that to court rather than a fixed penalty so that they can get a decent result, in which case the judge is going to be as happy with the video evidence as you and me, and I don't think he/she will hold back on the size of the penalty! None of the witnesses will have seen the face of the driver so I don't see what would be gained by calling any witnesses, just needs someone to verify the video is real, and a written witness statement is enough for that.

It does show the usefulness of side view cameras, although the side view isn't actually needed in this case, the front view is wide enough to see what happened, the side view just makes it clear how bad it was.
Oh totally, I’m sure the footage alone will be fine, it’s pretty clear in the videos what happened. The placement of all vehicles and the danger caused is very clear. I just wondered if it makes a difference in these things if there’s a complaint from the kids.
yes the side view is useful although I actually think the front and rear show the best views, the side gives a good indicator of the speed.

I just wondered if it makes a difference in these things if there’s a complaint from the kids.
Probably best not to drag the kids and their families into a legal case if it's not needed.

Lucky you got it on camera
Lucky that someone got it on camera. Just one of those times that something happened right alongside my car

Side view also shows driver as well as speed. They're boxed in good with all the vids; they won't wiggle out of anything. Great Job @TonyM :love:

Phil

Yeah I agree, they will probably take it to the magistrates court I suspect. (y)

I just wondered if it makes a difference in these things if there’s a complaint from the kids.
Legal issues should be decided based on the facts given in the evidence, so no, it should not make a difference.

If someone was hurt and the driver was found guilty, then the size of the penalty might be affected depending on input from the victims, but nobody did get hurt and there was no damage.

Yeah I agree, they will probably take it to the magistrates court I suspect. (y)
And I doubt the driver is going to fight the result, since that would make it worse for them, so it will probably be a quick decision with no need for witnesses.

That's disgraceful driving.

How would me watching videos affect legal action?

Not you. probably some copyright issue with audio from the radio, i have tried that a few times myself.

How would me watching videos affect legal action?
You might find yourself on the jury, and the discussion here might affect your view ;)

Highly unlikely, but no point risking the case being dropped because the video was on Youtube.

I withdrew them because I remembered that when I made a claim against someone else in a car incident I was advised not to share my dashcam video online.

I'm not sure about this instance where the police are currently investigating based on my witness statement and my videos.

I'm not sure about this instance where the police are currently investigating based on my witness statement and my videos.
You were probably told not to share it when you submitted the video, if you had read everything.
I think it is only an issue if it gets in front of a jury, which is highly unlikely to happen with such good evidence, fighting it is only going to increase the penalty.

hehe yeah pick your fights, or suffer the concequences, which range from grief and frustration to a longer jail sentence.

Back