Viofo A229 - Dual channel 2K+2K dashcam with Wi-Fi

Is that supposed to be "atrocious" quality, "pixelated" and "choppy"?

Looks good to me! :unsure:
I did not post that video...and it does look good. I see I have to adjust my settings to what those more experienced than me have done - it shows they know what they are doing!

While I do sympathise with your problem and the issues (yet) to be resolved, and as nice you probably are, you've chosen an awful name to join with. You instantly put everyone onto a defensive footing - perhaps it would be useful going forward to seeing if you can change your display name to something more amenable? Just a thought m8.

While I do sympathise with your problem and the issues (yet) to be resolved, and as nice you probably are, you've chosen an awful name to join with. You instantly put everyone onto a defensive footing - perhaps it would be useful going forward to seeing if you can change your display name to something more amenable? Just a thought m8.
I would assume that once his situation is resolved, he will change his name handle to "A229_Impressed".

When I asked for support, they provided the following regarding the 256 GB (VIOFO) card I purchased "A larger size card may make the camera unstable, so 128GB is the conservative choice".
Hello “YouTube” Dave,

My name is Chuck.
Viofo also sent me an A229 for test & review on my YouTube Channel.
I just read all your comments here on the forum, and on @rcg530 3 month update YouTube video. I see you have a valid complaint being directed by Viofo to use a Viofo Brand 128GB SD Card, after you already purchased A Viofo Brand 256GB SD Card. Can you upload a screenshot of that exchange?

It’s very possible your A229 is a lemon, and should be returned / exchanged. I had a similar experience with my first ever dash cam back in February 2020. After researching dash cams for almost a year I purchased the A129 Pro Duo. It only lasted 21 days, and I returned it as defective. I was so devastated I went without a dash cam until the A129 Plus was released 8 months later in October 2020. Since then, I’ve purchased a second A129 Plus, and many other dash cams from other brands. Because of my YouTube channel I’ve tested & reviewed a few other dash cams sent to me by the manufacturer like DDPAI, GNET, RICILAR, and Vantrue.

After being in the “hobby” of using dash cams for the past 3 years, Viofo is one of the better brands based on image quality, and their customer service / tech support. I hope you get your issues resolved so you can start enjoying this hobby just as all of us do.
-Chuck

Back