VIOFO A229 Duo & A119 Mini Experiment

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
I made a video just for fun using the A229 Duo, and A119 Mini.
I experimented with the Mini on the rear window, and then adjusting the rear camera of the A229 toward the interior.
I kind of like this set up since the Mini can wear a CPL Filter, and the A229 rear can not.
I'm surprised how well the A229 rear camera can read license plates looking through the rear side windows, I was not expecting that.
It gets the Lexus ES300 6HBV192.
But I can’t quite make out the Honda Civic due to glare.
-Chuck

I'm surprised how well the A229 rear camera can read license plates looking through the rear side windows, I was not expecting that.
It gets the Lexus ES300 6HBV192.
But I can’t quite make out the Honda Civic due to glare.
I suggest you set EV to around -1 if you are more interested in the outside than inside.

Also, the front and rear cameras would probably get better exposure on average if you tilted them down a little, so that the horizon is at about 50% height. Currently there is too much sky. Although if you like that exposure then keep them as they are.

Right on Nigel,
Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a shot.
-Chuck

People look funny at me when i drive around and blasting NWA and Insane Clown posse on the radio.
It is rare though as i have a lot of other things i like too, but some old school rap never hurt anyone.

Back