VIOFO A229 DUO FIRMWARE

If A229 extends 24fps lengths, video stretching issue occurs if you park mode accelerated or accelerated guidance guides in the main menu.

In other words, if the speeds are 24 fps in 1 fps time-lapse recording, the video information of 1 representative video will be 48 seconds. No image loss, but you're hovering over the last 12 seconds.

My previous situation applies to all cameras. This issue occurs no matter what loads other than 30fps are selected. For example 60fps 120fps.

My suggestions; Time-lapse recordings need to be encoded at 30fps while rendering in the background, regardless of which loads are selected. So the video lines will be stable

Last edited:
The blinking <REC> LED in normal recording mode when you have the parking recording mode set to Auto Event Detection.
Are you sent info to Viofo about this bug or create a ticket? Usually they fix such small bugs in a few days. Do you have any new FW with fix?

Year, thank's. So do they sent any fix? Viofo send test FW to tester who found bug but do not share it to everyone. That's why I asked rcg530 about any news.

As long as the device works normally otherwise I do not really mind the bug until the next firmware release. I got used to it.

Are you sent info to Viofo about this bug or create a ticket? Usually they fix such small bugs in a few days. Do you have any new FW with fix?
I sent the "bug report" to my VIOFO contact. I was given a test firmware to verify the bug is fixed and it does appear to be fixed. The next public release should have the fix for this issue.

Can you share this test FW for me? I made MOD firmwares for A229 and does not want waste my time on FW with bugs. Official update on Viofo site we may wait long time.

What are the differences with the old version?
I was not given a full changlog for that test firmware version. I tested the problem of the <REC> LED blinking while in normal recording mode when AED parking mode is selected as the parking mode type. That issue appears to be resolved.

With all these firmwares has anyone ever encountered 'memory error' issue? Really bugged with my unit with random memory error using viofo's own 128gb card.

With all these firmwares has anyone ever encountered 'memory error' issue? Really bugged with my unit with random memory error using viofo's own 128gb card.
I've not had any problems using a VIOFO 128GB microSD card. I'm currently using a SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB without any problem.

I've not had any problems using a VIOFO 128GB microSD card. I'm currently using a SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB without any problem.
I ordered the 128GB SanDisk max endurance a week ago, but it has yet to arrive. Hopefully, it will solve my problems...fingers crossed lol. I may repurpose the problematic viofo card in a security camera or something.

The Viofo app for Android and IOS has been updated.
Version 3.5
Version 3.2.11

Okay, just downloaded and updated my A229Duo firmware to V1.2.20230324 today. Today's date is 5/20/23. After updating the firmware the camera's displayed date while recording is showing to be tomorrow's date, 5/21/23. So I went back into settings via my iPhone VIOFO app only to discover that the Date/Time is no longer displayed in the System Settings with the new firmware update. Thus I am unable to correct the wrong date showing while my camera records video. There is a new setting called, Time Synchronization, that allows me to use my mobile phone's time to set the camera time. That worked okay. But I am stumped as to how to correct the date setting that is off by one day. I've scrolled very slowly thru the System Settings menu, but the Date/Time setting per my owners manual on page 22 is now missing. FWIW, the date showing on my iPhone by the way is correct for today's date.

Okay, just downloaded and updated my A229Duo firmware to V1.2.20230324 today. Today's date is 5/20/23. After updating the firmware the camera's displayed date while recording is showing to be tomorrow's date, 5/21/23. So I went back into settings via my iPhone VIOFO app only to discover that the Date/Time is no longer displayed in the System Settings with the new firmware update. Thus I am unable to correct the wrong date showing while my camera records video. There is a new setting called, Time Synchronization, that allows me to use my mobile phone's time to set the camera time. That worked okay. But I am stumped as to how to correct the date setting that is off by one day. I've scrolled very slowly thru the System Settings menu, but the Date/Time setting per my owners manual on page 22 is now missing. FWIW, the date showing on my iPhone by the way is correct for today's date.
What are the settings you've maintained for the "Time Zone"? See if that setting is correct to ensure the date displayed is correct or not.

My A229 Duo is running on the same firmware and the date and time displayed are correct.

What are the settings you've maintained for the "Time Zone"? See if that setting is correct to ensure the date displayed is correct or not.

My A229 Duo is running on the same firmware and the date and time displayed are correct.
Bingo! You are right. Thanks a bunch. I had the GMT for my time zone off by about 13 hours. :oops:

That was probably enough to advance the camera's clock past midnight my time. Once I changed that, the calendar date displayed correctly. Incidentally, I was able to use the familiar Date/Time setting when I used the menu on the camera's screen instead of using the iPhone app. But with the VIOFO app on my phone, I'm suspicious the firmware update replaced it with the new Time Synchronization setting, as that is still the only thing I see. But with the correct Time Zone & GMT settings selected first, the synchronization seems to work correctly too, as one would expect.

My firmware mod based on v1.2-20230413

Improvements:
08/07/22 - Added every minute monitoring of the processor temperature to the file on the memory card T.txt. Create a file with this name in the root of the SD-card to start monitoring or delete this file if monitoring is not needed. Thermal monitoring use /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp as source of values in thermal zone (internal CPU sensor).
09/07/22 - Added options to the "ScreenSaver" menu: "Off" (screen is always on), "5 min", "10 min".
02/15/23 - "WDR" menu item has been replaced with "Codec" menu: "H.264" or "H.265" (WDR will be OFF by default, it can now only be changed through the Viofo application on the smartphone). Original FW does not allow enable H.265 codec via long-press Wi-Fi button as on another Viofo dashcams.
02/20/23 - Added display of signal information from GPS satellites by short pressing the Wi-Fi button when the rear camera is not connected.
05/27/23 - Changed the color of the GPS signal strength scales to a more logical one, increased the max. displayed level from 50 to 60 units, aligned columns on the screen.
06/14/23 - Audio broadcasting is enabled now for the rtsp stream (online video viewing via Wi-Fi connection rtsp://192.168.1.254/xxx.mov) (native firmware does not transmit sound). Also, the broadcast resolution has been increased from 640x360 to 1920x1080.

Download link

GPS signal changes.png
GPS colors mod.png
Codec menu.png
RTSP changes.png

Attachments

• T.txt
    810 bytes · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back