Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
Good afternoon.
The Viofo T130 model with firmware V1.2_0309 has the function:
Change Log for V1.2_0309
4. Add setting for set LEDs status in normal recording and parking recording.
Is it possible to make the same function in A229 firmware?

Yes, I just received my A229 Duo yesterday and tested it all on the bench as I am waiting for my new car to arrive next week to fit it - BUT I did look for a setting to dim or turn off the LEDs (all 5 :oops:) but did not find one - going to look like a Christmas tree at night!
Just received my Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB card today as well - ouch, a bit expensive!

On the T130, this feature is very well implemented. You can set that all LEDs are on while driving and you can visually control the operation of the DVR. And in the parking lot, all the LEDs turn off when the parking mode is turned on and nothing attracts the attention of prying eyes.

The A119 Mini has the option to enable / disable the Status LED’s.
I wonder if you submitted a ticket they would add it to the next firmware update.
-Chuck

Attachments

• A119 Mini Status LED Off.jpg
    A119 Mini Status LED Off.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 14
  • A119 Mini Status LED Menu .jpg
    A119 Mini Status LED Menu .jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 14
A229 Improvement Wish List;

Identical Bitrates (F+R)
Identical FOV 140° (F+R)
High Framerate: 60fps Option
Internal GPS Module like the T-130
Optional CPL Filter for REAR Camera
Front Camera Lens - 180° Adjustability
Add Voice Command;
Emergency Lock Button “Lock Video”
To avoid paying for $20 Bluetooth Remote
-Chuck

The A119 Mini has the option to enable / disable the Status LED’s.

Does the A119 Mini have the ability to turn off the LEDs when going into park mode? :unsure:
Although they are almost invisible in the on mode ...
But it would be better if they turned off when entering the parking mode.
I wonder if you submitted a ticket they would add it to the next firmware update.
I already wrote to Viofo representative. I think if more people here want this function in new firmware, then Viofo will implement it faster.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the LED's turn off for parking mode, (I don't have it installed with a hardwire kit at the moment).
Hopefully @woodbar will also submit a ticket too.

They are for mounting the camera on, so you dont have to stick it directly to the windscreen.
It worked just fine for me testing the T130.

You can of course not use the static stickers if the windscreen where you intend to put it are not smooth, so in my case i can not use those in the normal place center / top on the dotted area as it is like painted / baked on the inside and so a little rough / uneven.

I do use the static stickers too for the cameras i test on my living room window after i have tested in the car for a while.

PS: you dont have to use all of the " large " static sticker, i just cut a piece out a little larger than the contact surface on the T130 camera, you of course do not want this in front of the camera as it is not perfectly transparent.

Reactions: Mtz
Identical Bitrates (F+R)
There is a chance to get on both cameras a bitrate equal to the bitrate of the rear camera. ;)
Internal GPS Module like the T-130
Front Camera Lens - 180° Adjustability
It will be a different model.:unsure:
Here it is desirable to voice wishes that do not affect changes in the design of the model.

They are for mounting the camera on, so you dont have to stick it directly to the windscreen.
It worked just fine for me testing the T130.
Many thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I am being thick but I still don't see the point - you are sticking something to the windscreen then sticking the GPS 3M mount to that and if you want to reposition the camera you still have to use a new 3M pad?

Most times I actually use my own 3M strips whenever I have to move or remount the camera - 2 strips down either side of the mount about 1/4 of the width each - not so much residue to remove compared to using the whole pad!

I do think the static stickers are 1 time use, but as they generally come plenty large if you cut them down you have to many tries.
I dont think even if the static sticker peel off very easy, well once the camera mount are on it too i am not so sure you can peel it and the mount off and relocate it.
So yes in that case you would need a new piece of static sticker pad and a new M3 pad too.

Some have had M3 pads come off the windscreen, how i dont know, actually with my good imagination have a hard time resolving that conundrum, i myself have had camera mounts come loose or actually become " un-stickable " so they would come loose again and again no matter how i cleaned the plastic surface of the mount and what new M3 pads i tried.
In those cases in the end i just put a little CA glue on the mount, then the damn thing stay in place again, cuz after 3-4 attempts and sticky pads, and even going as far as sanding the mount plastic to make damn sure there are nothing funny on it, and it then come off again in a few weeks / months,,,, well out come the glue then.

O just remember i have had a camera come off the glass, but this was after 7 - 8 years of mounting cameras in " the same " place in front of my sealing mounted mirror, and never being able to quite clean the gunk out of the grid pattern shaded area at the top of my windscreen.
BUT ! A good clean with Kent Speedy 500, and i was once again able to not have cameras come off the glass at the favorite / ideal location in my car.

O just remember i have had a camera come off the glass, but this was after 7 - 8 years of mounting cameras in " the same " place in front of my sealing mounted mirror, and never being able to quite clean the gunk out of the grid pattern shaded area at the top of my windscreen.
BUT ! A good clean with Kent Speedy 500, and i was once again able to not have cameras come off the glass at the favorite / ideal location in my car.
Blimey, I have never kept a car that long! I get tempted by something else after 2 or 3 years - collecting a replacement next week hence the new Duo ready to fit in it - my current one can only take a front camera and has the A119 v3 at the moment.

I find the best thing to clean the adhesive residue is white spirit (turpentine) but that in itself leaves a slightly oily residue so you need to follow up with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol NOT the beer!) then plain water - dry it off and surface is squeaky clean.

Funnily enough I have never had a problem with glass mounted kit, only stuff I have tried to mount on "glass" like smooth plastics in the vehicle. I hope the weather does not turn cold by next week as obviously that can affect the bond - might be out with a hair dryer if so!

I must admit I am impressed with the A229 Duo so far, just "soak" testing on my desk, it is an absolute joy to be able to set all the parameters from the phone app and also quickly view or download (5GHz) multiple files. If it all works as well in my new vehicle I may invest in another set for my wife's car as well.

well in Denmark you pay for 2 cars but only get one, and they do not drop in price as fast as in the UK.
I remember some times seeing the top gear guys doing something with used cars, and going WTF you can get that car that cheap in the UK

My last 2 cars have been new cars, the 2006 Suzuki gran vitara and then my current 2012 Suzuki splash.
I had to sell the GV as it was too expensive to own / drive as a at the time a guy with no job, even if it was on reduced tax plates and so just had the front 2 seats.

I did not realise that cars are much more expensive in your part of the world - I know beer is :rolleyes:

I have been in the lucky position of having a sequence of several new cars, when I took early retirement and lost the company car - Mazda SportNav 6, (almost a Civic Type R - but cancelled it as Honda UK lied to me about several things) MB C200 AMG Line but I went back to used and traded the C Class for my current MB SLC200 Roadster which I am trading in for the ex-demo Kona N with 500 miles (hope they were not too brutal!)

The SLC is a lovely car and performs very nicely but too low for me to get in and out of now (dodgy hip) and the suspension seems to have about 15mm of travel and very hard!

I like your footer text - trouble is the UK one has totally lost the plot at the moment!

Identical Bitrates (F+R)
Curious as to why you would want this feature?
I don't view the rear camera as being equally important as the front(It just needs to be good enough) since most accident issues are dealt with by just having a front usually and there are many states in the US that don't require a front license plate anyway.

Personally, I would rather take 40/20 front/rear than to have 30/30 bitrate split equally between both cameras as the front camera is the more important of the two for me.

Add Voice Command;
Emergency Lock Button “Lock Video”

To avoid paying for $20 Bluetooth Remote
That would mean that the dashcam would have to have an "always listening feature"...

That seems like it can lead to unnecessary confusion as I'm not sure that I would want it to be another Alexa or Google Assistant device.
If I ever need to talk to the dashcam, it will only be to read car make, model, and license plate to it so that it can be recorded by the microphone in case the video does not pick it up for whatever reason.

Some of these things for me are old habits...It's like having a physical button (which provides "tactile" feel and therefore invokes confidence that it did the right thing) on the dashboard to change the radio station or temperature vs having to change it either by voice or touchscreen (meaning you will be waiting for a response from the computer or an image on the touchscreen confirming that it followed through on your command).

обычно решается только с помощью передней камеры
За 4 дтп было 3 въезда в заднюю часть авто.
Никто из выыхавших не соблюдал дистанцию. Почему то им передняя камера не помогла.

Last edited:
Yes, I just received my A229 Duo yesterday and tested it all on the bench as I am waiting for my new car to arrive next week to fit it - BUT I did look for a setting to dim or turn off the LEDs (all 5 :oops:) but did not find one - going to look like a Christmas tree at night!
Just received my Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB card today as well - ouch, a bit expensive!
Does your Samsung Endurance Pro card work without issues in your A229? Just wondering because I'm facing issues with this combo.

Back