VIOFO A229 DUO improvement wish list

One thing which is desperately need for A229 is improvement in night quality. I know its hardware cannot support HDR but atleast improve it somehow so that plates are readable at night. If A119 could have better night quality better was expected in this one. WDR serves no purpose for night time.

Secondly, low power usage is required for parking mode. Existing one doesn’t last long. Power consumption is high.

Hi Forum

I have turned off all notifcations on my A229 Duo as I usually do not need them. However, when the A229 Duo has protected a recording after I pressed the key on the remote, I would like to have a short confirmation beep, that a recording has been protected. Is such an option already available in the new firmwares or would it be a new request ? (For the record: I am still on 1010.)

Thanks for short notification.

Hi Forum

I have turned off all notifcations on my A229 Duo as I usually do not need them. However, when the A229 Duo has protected a recording after I pressed the key on the remote, I would like to have a short confirmation beep, that a recording has been protected. Is such an option already available in the new firmwares or would it be a new request ? (For the record: I am still on 1010.)

Thanks for short notification.
How can the A229 Duo give you a "short confirmation beep that the recording was protected"
if you have turned off all notifications on your A229 Duo since you don't normally need them? :unsure:

Good afternoon.
The Viofo T130 model with firmware V1.2_0309 has the function:

Is it possible to make the same function in A229 firmware?
viofo VIOFO-Support
What about the automatic shutdown of all LED indicators when the A229 Duo goes into parking mode?
Will it be implemented or not?

How can the A229 Duo give you a "short confirmation beep that the recording was protected"
if you have turned off all notifications on your A229 Duo since you don't normally need them? :unsure:
Yes, that is the question today, as this option is not available. I would like to have a setting, which turns off all beeps and messages, but only give a short notification, when the remote button was pressed and video is protected.

The option have notifications when notifications are off is not surprisingly unavailable.

The requirement is as easy as it is: add an option to make only a notification when using the remote button to protect an emergency incident.

I do not care for "recording started", wifi messages, or beeps for generic events. I also set the screensaver to lowest setting, and the device shows operation status via LEDs. So I really do not need anything talking to me, but confirming that remote button was pressed. I do not need distraction from mini-displays, beeps or voices, I just want the audio confirmation on this specific event, while the other events can remain silent.

For the time being I was using the solution of "all notifications off", which is totally suprisingly not giving any notification. Due the issue with the bluetooth pairing it was not the best solution, that is why I raised this request.

the device shows operation status via LEDs. So I really do not need anything talking to me,
Unfortunately the latest firmware makes the second led to just blink no matter what is happening so have that in mind if you install this update

Unfortunately the latest firmware makes the second led to just blink no matter what is happening so have that in mind if you install this update
The second button is REC. Normally, it will blink when the camera stop recording. Do you mean that it is blinking even though it is recording? Can it stop blinking after you press it to pause the recording and then start it again? We need more details to solve the problem for you.

If the memory card is healthy, the memory card is not formatted and loop recording is turned off, the recording led may flash continuously.

Until yesterday , the led blinked and the deviced beeped when not recording and led was solid when recording. After the last update it is blinking in all situations , recording or not the beeps are there when no recording as expected

Until yesterday , the led blinked and the deviced beeped when not recording and led was solid when recording. After the last update it is blinking in all situations , recording or not the beeps are there when no recording as expected
Is your firmware version is: V1.2_20230324? Shall we get a video for analysis?
Please upload the video here: https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
Please advise us after uploading.

I figured it out, after resetting the options, the second led issue flashing constantly was fixed... Until I set the settings again to my liking... Then immediately happened again. So I started changing one setting at a time and tried again. It is the parking mode set to auto detect. I use this setting normally and did for all the previous 4 to 5 firmware versions. When this setting is chosen, the second led flashes even when the cam is recording.
Please anyone try it to see and report, thanks.
My firmware version is indeed V1.2_20230324 from yesterday.

I figured it out, after resetting the options, the second led issue flashing constantly was fixed... Until I set the settings again to my liking... Then immediately happened again. So I started changing one setting at a time and tried again. It is the parking mode set to auto detect. I use this setting normally and did for all the previous 4 to 5 firmware versions. When this setting is chosen, the second led flashes even when the cam is recording.
It still blinks when waving your hand in front of the lens?

It is blinking from boot to park when driving for an hour which is one of my two commute to work journeys, that's enough for me to call it a firmware bug when auto detect on is set in parking mode and never was an issue in previous versions.

Is your firmware version is: V1.2_20230324? Shall we get a video for analysis?
Please upload the video here: https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
Please advise us after uploading.

I normally have my A229 Duo setup with Low Bitrate for the parking mode. I just tested V1.2_20230324 with parking recording set to "Auto Event Detection" and it does misbehave just as @Panxris described. In normal recording mode, the <REC> LED blinks when it should be on steady. If I select time-lapse or low bitrate parking modes, the <REC> LED will remain on (no blinking) when in normal driving mode. This does appear to be a bug.

@VIOFO-Support, I created a video showing the V1.2_20230324 normal recording <REC> LED bug when parking recording is set to "Auto Event Detection". I did not upload it to the wetransfer site since I did not want to create an account that site. I have uploaded the video to my Google Drive.

@Panxris I believe my video demonstrates the issue you are experiencing.

Last edited:
Back