Viofo A229 Duo received

Funny thing this exact same place, maybe a few car lengths further, a few years ago i was driving behind a car there and it too had issues with a little cat, it went under the car alright but came out seemingly unsaved as it was gone in seconds.
Anyway the lady stopped, and so did i, went up to her to tell her that the cat seemed to be okay and had run away.

I just hate people that hit things and dont even slow down, i have seen that a few times and have had to put cats - foxes,,,,,, and a small dog out of their misery, the cat was very flat i crushed its head, the dog was also very bad,,,, i stabbed it in the heart with my knife.
There are people to call here in this regard, but i will not bet any money on if they are fast or even available at night.

My friend once hit a dog in his old Saab 99 i think it was, anyway he was going very fast and just pulverized the dog, somehow his own dog on the back seat saw / felt / smelled it, it was just eerily howling on the back seat he told.
My friend of course stopped too, but aside for skin and meat in the radiator he was not able to find any pieces of the dog.

I once sort of did the same, hit a huge badger doing 120 km/h on a small rural "highway" it partly broke the front spoiler on the Opel 1986 kadett GT i drove back then, but the feeling of the animal getting compacted under the car was nasty,,,, i assume a rookie driver could have made that situation much worse and crashed.
That time i did not get out of the car i have to admit,,,, i was so amped up i was stopped and gasping for air.

Putting a knife in that dog though, even if it was pretty much gone and dident even whimper when i did it,,,,,, made me realize that i might be a stone cold SOB, but i am not ice cold.

Last edited:
Todays 3 part upload from the A229

part #1 Bus dont understand yellow mean STOP
Part #2 Police dont understand yellow mean STOP
part#3 BMW driver named Muhammed thinks the streets are a race track in his parallel imported 525d, passing on the right 2 times in video, and several times before clip.

PS: I looked up the plate on the BMW the owner do appear to have that name.

Last edited:
Right on Brian,
I think that's the first time I've heard your voice.
It reminds me of Mr. Perkele. lol
-Chuck

I have been salmon fishing way up north in Norway and Sweden, though not as far as Finland, i always carried my biggest damn knife i have cuz if anyone think they will make a meal out of me, they fill have to fight me first.
BUT ! ths closest call was me slowing down for a moose crossing the E4 motorway in Sweden, and my friend driving behind me in his land rover nearly plowing into me, cuz he saw squat messing with his HI8 camcorder.

I do a lot of talking in my car, and English are often my go to language, most times i am actually shocked if i speak my native Danish.

PS: My biggest knife, would make Crocodile Dundee accknowlege it as a proper knife indeed.

Now that i have reverted to the rock bottom price, minimum insurance, i would not be surprised if i hit my first deer,,,,, i tend to have that kind of luck.
That insurance only cover the other part, not any damage to my vehicle.

You will notice I did not swerve, it is not because I did not care about the deer but because I know what insurance companies do if a driver does swerve and owes up to it. Of course, I also did not have time to swerve and my reflexes were barely fast enough as it were. My last two deer strikes, both unavoidable, approached about 2000 dollars in damage as I recall.
I don't think swerving would have been a good response in that situation anyway! Your car can't achieve full braking if you turn at the same time, and it was much better to reduce speed than change direction, best to just press the brakes as hard as possible as soon as possible, without thinking about other possible responses, and let the anti-lock system take care of everything, maybe turn towards the end of braking if it becomes worth while, but it didn't, and there wasn't time anyway. The other problem with swerving was that you would have had to target where the deer was at the time, hoping that it would have got out of the way by the time you arrived. Being a deer it very likely would have, but other animals may stop, so swerving would actually cause a collision, at full speed, and you had to make an automatic response, not take the time to think about what sort of animal it was and what it was going to do. Braking will always minimise damage, even if it doesn't avoid it, swerving may avoid damage, but if you get it wrong then it maximises damage.

On with the traffic lights theme...

I have a clip, gimme a few minutes... to edit a bit of it... (It'll reach 2K in a few minutes, lol)

Last edited:
Where is a cop when you need one? :) The learner gets an A+ for their reaction time and decision making. The car in the center lane appears to have been speeding excessively for the road conditions and I will guess not paying attention.

He skipped amber on the previous lights too I think, but no video cos after copying this file I formatted the card, lol..

I think it may have been the instructor applying the brakes as a lesson to the learner!

Where is a cop when you need one? :) The learner gets an A+ for their reaction time and decision making. The car in the center lane appears to have been speeding excessively for the road conditions and I will guess not paying attention.

Agreed with the speeding, but I think it was deliberate.
As for the cop, if Paul wanted to upload that clip to the police website then our police would take some action on that - maybe a dangerous driving charge, maybe just a warning.

I dont know if others noticed this, but i did today.
I have G sensor set to off, and parking guard G sensor set to high ( even if i am not able to test parking guard )
Anyway i get lots of events created while driving, but this changed when i changed parking guard G-sensor to low.

So i think the 2 values are mixed up

The formware on the camera is the V10.10 one.

Yes its just basic editing, In this case using power director 17. the cameras own picture in picture ( only on the screen ) are a smaller window over top of the other camera.
The dashcam will not combine videos recorded like that, the picture in picture you might have is just for the LCD screen, the 2 video streams are individual streams.
Mind you years ago some cameras would output PIP like that, but it never caught on.

I am using the middle 50 % ( high ) from each camera, so cut off bottom and top 25% of each video and then arranged the 2 remaining bits on top of each other to make up a full frame.

Comparing 2 front cameras this way, if they are not aligned the same on the windscreen, you can tweak the one video, say the one camera are aimed a bit lower than the other, in that case to have its middle 50 % match the other camera, you cut off a little less of the bottom part ( say 22 % ) and then cut a bit more of the top ( 28 % ) so you still have 50 % remaindering but just not the very middle 50%
That way the aim of the 2 cameras appear the same making it more easy to compare 2 different cameras, as you can at any time hit pause and be able to have the exactly same things in frame.

Last edited:
Yes its just basic editing, In this case using power director 17. the cameras own picture in picture ( only on the screen ) are a smaller window over top of the other camera.
The dashcam will not combine videos recorded like that, the picture in picture you might have is just for the LCD screen, the 2 video streams are individual streams.
Mind you years ago some cameras would output PIP like that, but it never caught on.

I am using the middle 50 % ( high ) from each camera, so cut off bottom and top 25% of each video and then arranged the 2 remaining bits on top of each other to make up a full frame.

Comparing 2 front cameras this way, if they are not aligned the same on the windscreen, you can tweak the one video, say the one camera are aimed a bit lower than the other, in that case to have its middle 50 % match the other camera, you cut off a little less of the bottom part ( say 22 % ) and then cut a bit more of the top ( 28 % ) so you still have 50 % remaindering but just not the very middle 50%
That way the aim of the 2 cameras appear the same making it more easy to compare 2 different cameras, as you can at any time hit pause and be able to have the exactly same things in frame.
Thank you. Definitely allot of knowledge there.

Back