VIOFO A229 Plus FIRMWARE

Hi guys,
I tried to update the firmware today for my A229 Plus duo. After installing the firmware from the website the front camera is not recording anymore, and on the display I see recording 2160p + 1440p. But my camera is just the Plus, so doesn't record 4k.
I thought that maybe by mistake I downloaded the firmware for the A229 Plus, so I downloaded the beta one from this topic, but I still have the issue.

Anybody else had this issue after updating?

Hi guys,
I tried to update the firmware today for my A229 Plus duo. After installing the firmware from the website the front camera is not recording anymore, and on the display I see recording 2160p + 1440p. But my camera is just the Plus, so doesn't record 4k.
I thought that maybe by mistake I downloaded the firmware for the A229 Plus, so I downloaded the beta one from this topic, but I still have the issue.

Anybody else had this issue after updating?
Try resetting to default settings in the setup menu, then reboot, or reset the camera.

Thanks! Somehow I could not access the menu. The menu button was taking pictures. So I now installed an older 1.0 firmware, reset the camera, and seems to be fine. But now I try to update to latest version, but the installation of the firmware won't trigger.
I copy the firmware to the card, and when I power on the camera it will just start recording, and will delete the firmware from the card. How to to trigger the update?

Thanks! Somehow I could not access the menu. The menu button was taking pictures. So I now installed an older 1.0 firmware, reset the camera, and seems to be fine. But now I try to update to latest version, but the installation of the firmware won't trigger.
I copy the firmware to the card, and when I power on the camera it will just start recording, and will delete the firmware from the card. How to to trigger the update?
Needs to be on a FAT32 format card, so <32GB, or format it using a FAT32 Formatter. Use the same card you used last time?

Yes, I am using the same card, formatted in the camera. The back camera is updating. I even tried to put both firmwares on the card at the same time and only the back one installed the firmware.

LE: It seems that could be an issue with updating from 1.0 version to 1.3. I really cannot trigger the update for the front camera.
Where could I find older versions like 1.1 or 1.2? I would try with those...

Last edited:
Yes, I am using the same card, formatted in the camera. The back camera is updating. I even tried to put both firmwares on the card at the same time and only the back one installed the firmware.

LE: It seems that could be an issue with updating from 1.0 version to 1.3. I really cannot trigger the update for the front camera.
Where could I find older versions like 1.1 or 1.2? I would try with those...
Shall we have your camera S/N?

Sure!
S/N: A229S2CH234405742

I also opened a ticket with the Viofo Support.
I tried today to update it again. The file name is correct, it just won't update. The camera starts normally and starts recording , and it deletes the firmware from the card.
Thanks!

Sure!
S/N: A229S2CH234405742

I also opened a ticket with the Viofo Support.
I tried today to update it again. The file name is correct, it just won't update. The camera starts normally and starts recording , and it deletes the firmware from the card.
Thanks!
We will test it for you.

Hi!

I was able to finally update it! The guys from support mentioned that I should use 'guiformat' app to format the card. After formatting it with that app it updated, finally!

Thank you!
You could take a memory card up to 32 GB, format it in a computer and update the A229 Plus from it.

Back