Viofo A229 Pro vs Vueroid D21 4K

I am using the latest V1.3 version with IQ log enabled, it is the same as the public version.
The IQ is the same as V1.2, I keep testing and comparing with other dashcams recently to see if we can do better, haven't gotten an obvious better result yet.

I chose the LPC mode on D21 4K, I thought it is the best mode for capturing license plate numbers.
Normally I don't attach CPL filter for video comparison, and I only check the original video saved on the SD card.
I suggest if you do the comparison again, it is better to share the original video for reference.

My D21 4K sample is a little out of focus on the left side, so it may be not the best result.
It seems the 4K resolution max bitrate is only around 20Mb/s.

For the D21 4K, I found after the video download, it will go to the video edit automatically, even if you don't edit it, and just click "done" to save it, it will convert to .mp4 and save on the phone.

Another thing I found I am not sure if there is a battery or super capacitor inside in this dash cam, because I found the dash cam will power down immediately after cutting off the power supply, and the last file is always corrupted.
It will recover the corrupted file in the next power cycle.

Most of the chipsets included Novatek also have this similar feature, it supports recovering the corrupted file after you restart the camera, or just enter the playback mode if it is a dashcam with a screen.

I am using the latest V1.3 version with IQ log enabled, it is the same as the public version.
The IQ is the same as V1.2, I keep testing and comparing with other dashcams recently to see if we can do better, haven't gotten an obvious better result yet.

I chose the LPC mode on D21 4K, I thought it is the best mode for capturing license plate numbers.
Normally I don't attach CPL filter for video comparison, and I only check the original video saved on the SD card.
I suggest if you do the comparison again, it is better to share the original video for reference.

My D21 4K sample is a little out of focus on the left side, so it may be not the best result.
It seems the 4K resolution max bitrate is only around 20Mb/s.

For the D21 4K, I found after the video download, it will go to the video edit automatically, even if you don't edit it, and just click "done" to save it, it will convert to .mp4 and save on the phone.

Another thing I found I am not sure if there is a battery or super capacitor inside in this dash cam, because I found the dash cam will power down immediately after cutting off the power supply, and the last file is always corrupted.
It will recover the corrupted file in the next power cycle.

Most of the chipsets included Novatek also have this similar feature, it supports recovering the corrupted file after you restart the camera, or just enter the playback mode if it is a dashcam with a screen.
I love that both companies are driven to be better and continuously improve their product. The great thing is that the customer will end up winning.

Back