Viofo A329 Review

That is a nice improvement :)

Hopefully works for everyone, and is not too dependent on the car headlamps...
I am surprised there is that much difference. It must be the new chipset....

Tomorrow this small 1 minute video will be live at 10am PST. Then hopefully I can have the A129 Pro vs video ready for Wednesday.....
How I installed 4 Viofo 4K dash cameras in my VW ID4 (1).jpg

I am surprised there is that much difference. It must be the new chipset....
Looks like it is mainly from a difference in exposure calibration, the A229 Pro is constantly a little over exposed. It is a little more complicated than that due to having 2 exposures per frame, but to me, the A329 seems to have the exposure almost perfect, while the A229 could do with some adjustment.

Yes, I'm hoping for a tracking number this week.

That's cool. I like looking at your tests, they are inventive. The reviews I do when I'm sent preproduction units are rather mundane in comparison because I'm not a techy type person even if I do some reviews from time to time; mine mostly revolve around the video and audio only, and the results in the godawful British weather!!!

That's cool. I like looking at your tests, they are inventive. The reviews I do when I'm sent preproduction units are rather mundane in comparison because I'm not a techy type person even if I do some reviews from time to time; mine mostly revolve around the video and audio only, and the results in the godawful British weather!!!
You’re giving way me too much credit.
I’m poor on a fixed income.
My car gets 9 MPG City / 25 MPG Highway.
Before gathering real DRIVING test footage I compare new models with old to see what’s different using stationary experiments that don’t require burning gasoline.
These are not valid tests to judge image quality, but it makes it easier to spot improvements, and what to look for when I start analyzing the real DRIVING test footage.
This will be my first dash cam testing with my new 4K 43” monitor.
It makes reading license plates a breeze.
I also email raw original files to @rcg530 @safedrivesolutions @Vortex Radar @Nigel @Mtz and ask for help analyzing the footage.

During daytime with good lighting I bet average consumers would not pass the Pepsi Challenge with the A129 Pro, and the A329.
Night time testing is what makes all the difference.
I’m most interested to see the difference between night time HDR performance between the A229 Pro & A329, (A139 Pro not so much).
And the difference between daytime 60fps between the A329 & A119 Mini 2.
Also the A119 Mini 2 has the best night time HDR performance of any camera I’ve ever tested.
I hope the A329 can beat it.

I’m also looking forward to testing the new 18AWG USB Type-C to Type-C Power Cable, and 45 Watt Type-C CLA Charger to check how much more amperage / current it allows.
The previous power cable is only 20AWG.
I predict the new 18AWG cable & charger is for a new multi-channel power hungry beast like the 5-CH box version I’ve been hoping for.
The last time I tested a Viofo CLA Car Charger the max output was around 24 Watts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-07 8.33.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 8.33.28 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back