VIOFO All GPS Video can use DVPlayer

I only thought it's an Open Source (or free) software and, after I tested it, I made a statement. Should I justify myself to you? ;)
Pity that Vadim Kozlov died. :(

I only thought it's an Open Source (or free) software
then you thought wrong, it's a commercial product, nowhere does it suggest that it was free
Pity that Vadim Kozlov died. :(
yes it was a great loss, his software was only free for others as one manufacturer was paying him which provided him a salary, for others he relied on donations only as a bonus for his efforts

then you thought wrong, it's a commercial product, nowhere does it suggest that it was free

his software was only free for others as one manufacturer was paying him which provided him a salary

Relax, mister, this does not appear from the post or the link. I said that I made my statement after tested the product.

Maybe manufacturers (at least those so-called "trusted brands") should include free viewers (lol, I'm not naive, it would be included in the camera price) for dashcams, especially now when almost every camera has GPS, to not wait third party (people or companies) to provide such of softwares to exploit full potential of camera. What do you think about that?

Maybe manufacturers should include free viewers for dashcams,
many do, free to the end customer, still a cost to the manufacturer though which ends up built into the price of the product, for the low cost products not including a viewer allows them to have as low a cost as possible, if they include a viewer the price will change at some point, in some markets even a few dollars difference matters to some customers

I know, also in my country few dollars more really matter, but the people begin to be more educated and choose expensive (if they are really better) products. But allow me to doubt that the developement of a dashcam viewer will cost so much: I think the extra amount should be under a dollar, at a good/high sales volume.

By the way, I congratulate the manufacturer who paid the late Vadim.

Last edited:
Thanks DVPlayer I took that offer up,
But I do think when purchasing a Dashcam some sort of free software should be included,
When I purchased my first 118 cam I researched and was recommended RegistratorViewer, That swayed me into the purchase.
And unfortunately for reasons we no longer have that option.
I did finally get a working version of RegistratorViewer thanks gse,
It's definitely long winding and not instant like the original but works and free.
So I've now took the discounted option for DVPlayer and happy to do so,

If you want free, buy street guardian camera and get dashcam viewer for free.

I hope people know that can play dashcam files with any media player, but of course not if they also need to see on a map where it is they drive, the same streets they have driven the past 20 years.
I do not use any dashcam player, i cant see why i should.

Yep, all my dashcams have produced either .MOV or .MP4 files and the free Windows Media Player or VLC play them fine. As does most browsers if you point the file to them.

Back