VIOFO and long term car battery life with parking enabled

@Outbacknomad

@regret12345 (Thread OP) has a 2021 Forester Subaru Premium. Are your photos from an Outback or Forester?

I believe regret should be able to simply remove the weather stripping, pull back the headliner, and feed the cable (In RED) BEHIND the curtain up until reaching the black circle. At the Black Circle, that pillar trim (C-Pillar?) needs removed so he can continue feeding the cable BEHIND the curtain.

Correct me if I am wrong here. Again, I don't own a Subaru Forester so not 100% sure where all the trim is located.

Untitled.png

This is not a Subaru. The photos were to show a curtain airbag along the length of the car.

I think most people take the easy way and run a cable up the A column next to the door. If one does this, when you then run the cable back towards a dashcam, the cable will cross in front of the curtain airbag.

Run cables next to the windscreen, not the door.

I think most people take the easy way and run a cable up the A column next to the door. If one does this, when you then run the cable back towards a dashcam, the cable will cross in front of the curtain airbag.

Run cables next to the windscreen, not the door.

I don't understand what you mean here? Please explain.

Video and proper installation is to remove pillars and tuck behind curtain. You can feed along weather stripping and behind curtain in headliner. The problem becomes where you cross over pillars and headliner isn't an option.

Don't run cables up a door gasket then cross in front of a curtain airbag.

Run the cable on the windscreen side of the airbag unless you want you head lopped off!
IMG_105647637.jpg

@Outbacknomad

You are correct, but this issue was already addressed in the Youtube Video. The A Pillar has to be removed, and dash camera cable fed behind the curtain, not tucked into the grooves without removing the A-Pillar, otherwise the cable will obstruct deployment.

@HonestReview
Update- car came in. got it installed easily enough. didnt know the Add-A-Fuse kit was sold separately than the HK3 Hardwire kit, so ill have to order that and finish that part another time... which is annoying to say the least. whod think that a hardwire KIT would be lacking needed items from the kit...

Quesiton for someone though- runnign the wires from the main camera up to the roof area, in the vid it skips to the cords looking liek they go straight in and behind the front sensor on the left; it didnt feel like that console area came off very easy to do so, so atm i only have them running in front of the sensor and then into the roofing space on the left side of the sensor, which includes one of the cords having a fatter area on it that seems even more impossible to funnel in.

@HonestReview
Update- car came in. got it installed easily enough. didnt know the Add-A-Fuse kit was sold separately than the HK3 Hardwire kit, so ill have to order that and finish that part another time... which is annoying to say the least. whod think that a hardwire KIT would be lacking needed items from the kit..

Correct....fuse taps are sold separately if kit is ordered through Amazon or other places. Although Viofo.com and vendors give you option of choosing fuse taps at time of purchase.

Quesiton for someone though- runnign the wires from the main camera up to the roof area, in the vid it skips to the cords looking liek they go straight in and behind the front sensor on the left; it didnt feel like that console area came off very easy to do so, so atm i only have them running in front of the sensor and then into the roofing space on the left side of the sensor, which includes one of the cords having a fatter area on it that seems even more impossible to funnel in.

Via the headliner, you run the wires along the headliner following the path of the doors. Alternate route is along the floor.

Correct....fuse taps are sold separately if kit is ordered through Amazon or other places. Although Viofo.com and vendors give you option of choosing fuse taps at time of purchase.

Via the headliner, you run the wires along the headliner following the path of the doors. Alternate route is along the floor.
the issue im having isnt the headliner, as much as the center console area ont he roof, the part with liek the sunglass holder etc

the issue im having isnt the headliner, as much as the center console area ont he roof, the part with liek the sunglass holder etc
you normally need to take the screws out so you can drop the headliner down a bit to run the cables to that area

you normally need to take the screws out so you can drop the headliner down a bit to run the cables to that area
what screws? ill check in the morning, but i dont recall any being obviously seen

Any car I've worked on, you simply stick your hand in the gap after removing the weather striping and can pull down headliner enough to tuck wire. Per headliner near rearview mirror, put fingers near edge of headliner, and again simply pull down a little to be able to tuck wire.

Back