Viofo Android App v.2.8.5

CaptnEric

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 DUO, Thinkware F770 1CH & 2CH
Has anyone else noticed the new android app version 2.8.5 to coincide with firmware 1.9 has mismatched Boot Delay options compared to the firmware menu and Parking Mode options are missing from the app too?

I've emailed the developers over the weekend about it but yet to get a reply

Nope, mine has off, 5sec, 10sec on both the app and camera menu.
It does appear to be missing the 15fps parking mode option, but all the others are there

Nope, mine has off, 5sec, 10sec on both the app and camera menu.
It does appear to be missing the 15fps parking mode option, but all the others are there

That's good to hear. It's weird how my app shows 5sec, 10sec and 15sec but in the firmware menu it's Off, 5sec and 10sec. Atm the app setting has 10sec and firmware menu setting has 5sec.

How how about the Parking Mode option in the app...do you have that at all?

I might uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that fixes the issue

Yes, I have all the parking mode options, like g-sensor and motion sensor for parking mode. It is missing the 15fps setting for parking mode, but has all the others, auto event detection, 1, 3, 5, 10, and low bitrate.
1663e471a219b9bc5052e49b9f619cc2.jpg
909c29ed408cc9e03430d184a55495f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks @Gooffeyguy. I'm about to reinstall the app and see how it goes

Just reinstalled the app and same issue. Surely it just can't be on my phone. See screenshot provided plus Parking Mode section missing altogether.

I am using one of @BCHobbyist 's 1.9 firmware mods so I don't know if that is causing the issue. I might have to reinstall the official 1.9 firmware version and see what happens

Attachments

• 20190722_160347.jpg
    20190722_160347.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4
Ok problem solved! It was the modded firmware that was causing the issue. I reinstalled the official 1.9 firmware version and the app is now showing all the sections and options same as the firmware menu.

@BCHobbyist I had installed the FWA129_MOD-6Wk_v1.90+26F+18RMbs+Sharp64+Dice.bin and somehow that was causing the android app version 2.8.5 having the mismatched Boot Delay options and Parking Mode options were entirely missing. Could you look into that as I really liked that mod but unfortunately can't use it due to the issues it caused

Just wanted to thank viofo for the great work they've done on the mobile app, I have the latest version and it connects to the camera immediately, I updated the firmware to 1.9 from 1.5 and it took less then 30 seconds to download and install.

Also switching to video files or settings, and generally just sending commands wirelessly, everything is smooth and responsive, finally.

Just wanted to thank viofo for the great work they've done on the mobile app, I have the latest version and it connects to the camera immediately, I updated the firmware to 1.9 from 1.5 and it took less then 30 seconds to download and install.

Also switching to video files or settings, and generally just sending commands wirelessly, everything is smooth and responsive, finally.

as I'm sill on 1.5 and not fully fitted it to my car (rear USB cable a pain the a$$) would you like to say what you liked in the 1.9 from the 1.5?

Back