VIOFO APP Black Screen

NoVax

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have received my order of A139 2-Channel and everything seems to be functioning except the Viofo App. Whenever connected to the app/camera, it displays a black screen instead of the image of the view from the camera lenses. Any way you think is the issue that’s causing this black screen on the app?

I have the camera updated. Image was yesterday night with the front camera, juss now tried with both cameras connected and still giving me the black screen.

Appreciate the help :)

Attachments

• 181B16DF-9B0A-45C8-BD09-B512D75DD52F.png
    181B16DF-9B0A-45C8-BD09-B512D75DD52F.png
    82 KB · Views: 10
That’s weird. I assume the picture on the videos is ok when you review them from the sd card? If you stop the recording and go into videos in the app do they show ok?
Did it work before you loaded the firmware?
Never noticed this on mine, I use an iPhone 11 with the app.

That’s weird. I assume the picture on the videos is ok when you review them from the sd card? If you stop the recording and go into videos in the app do they show ok?
Did it work before you loaded the firmware?
Never noticed this on mine, I use an iPhone 11 with the app.

The videos is saved along the image shown onto the SD card and I can review them from a computer but whenever trying to load up on the app, it fails. Before updating the firmware, it still had the black screen. I don’t know if it’s the firmware issue or the app capability with my phone.
I used the app on an iPhone 12.

The videos is saved along the image shown onto the SD card and I can review them from a computer but whenever trying to load up on the app, it fails. Before updating the firmware, it still had the black screen. I don’t know if it’s the firmware issue or the app capability with my phone.
I used the app on an iPhone 12.
I wonder if anyone else is using an iPhone 12 that can advise on their app version and phone sw level.
Maybe @VIOFO-Support or @viofo can offer some assistance.

Turn off cellular data and then try connecting the app to the camera again. You should see live video afterwards.

This is a common thing with the Chinese dash cams, including Viofo.

I have not needed to turn off mobile data / turn on airplane mode with the A139, it just work ( with mu Chinese xiaomi MI9 phone ) as i would assume things should work.
BUT ! i have encountered that problem on a lot of other things, though i am more inclined to point my finger at google than the maker of the product.
It is like if android anything can not get internet, then it just assume something is broken and have to be forced to work, i always get a popup saying this AP have no internet would you still like to connect,,,,,, and i am like :mad::mad::mad: i know. it is my dashcam i am connecting to, and i also said yes i want to connect never the less when i connected to the dashcam yesterday :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back