VIOFO Bluetooth Remote Control For A129 Dual Channel Dash Camera

Less about running out of room more about not having to search through 128GB of videos for the right clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can view your video as a one clip. takes seconds to find what you need.

I get good support going through their forum.
I have the Bluetooth buttons and they took the settings out of the menu to avoid the clutter, its automatic. My button paired in about 2 seconds.
My rear cam is as good as the front (in the daytime) and on a tinted rear window in another vehicle its still great. I have CPL's on both ends.
Yes the rear cable is kind of thick but I managed very well with the install. It has to be a factor in the rear cam quality? Its a good cable, and has no kink memory.
I'm using the 5Ghz WiFi with a Nexus 5x and its great.
Buy from a re-seller and pay more. Buy direct you wait but pay less.

Guys, for the money this is a great setup. I have paid more for so-called top tier cams and couldn't even read road signs and pixelated often. All we need now is the same bit rate on the rear but this is a great product.
I have seen some bashing around as if they paid $500.00 and expect more.

This cam is pretty impressive at night on the front.

I am putting together a review. My hurdle right now is where to host them so they are of quality. I have a Utube and Vimeo account and Sony Vegas is giving me issues with compression formats. If I upload raw they hurt quality.
Any suggestions?

I am putting together a review. My hurdle right now is where to host them so they are of quality. I have a Utube and Vimeo account and Sony Vegas is giving me issues with compression formats. If I upload raw they hurt quality.
Any suggestions?

upload to whichever and provide links to unedited sample files is the best way, YouTube destroys the quality regardless so better not to try and fix their problems, get 10 million subscribers and you'll get nice quality on YouTube, for everyone else it's potato cam, the service is free though so it is what it is

Any suggestions?
If you want people to watch them then put them on Youtube, if you want people to see the quality then put the Youtube video in a thread on this forum and include some full quality frame grabs stored somewhere that doesn't recompress them as low quality jpgs (ie don't upload them to the forum!).

If you don't want many people to watch it then upload a huge original file to a file sharing site!

Wondering if the remote could be programmed for other functions, multiple clicks or a long press to turn Wi-Fi on/off etc.
Some other user also mentioned this, but it is for action camera remote.
It can support short press and long press, we haven't implemented the long press.
For a dash cam, to make it simple, we only use one button remote, not like 3 buttons on an action camera remote.

No different to the mini 0906, although I don't think that is Bluetooth, think it is just wireless.

The remote runs on a battery so it has to be low power Bluetooth, and there is no real reason to turn that off, unlike the wifi which does use significant power and does cause wifi pollution because it is transmitting all the time.
The mini 0906 use RF wireless remote, A129 use bluetooth remote as the Wi-Fi chipset we use has bluetooth built-in.

Some other user also mentioned this, but it is for action camera remote.
It can support short press and long press, we haven't implemented the long press.
For a dash cam, to make it simple, we only use one button remote, not like 3 buttons on an action camera remote.

Short press - lock file, long press - Wi-Fi on/off, don't think it's complicated.

Short press - lock file, long press - Wi-Fi on/off, don't think it's complicated.
Some user may prefer to take a video snap short instead of Wi-Fi on / off.

Some user may prefer to take a video snap short instead of Wi-Fi on / off.

File lock is already available, users can take a screenshot from the video. Idea is to make it a touchless experience for users that prefer to use a smartphone.

Last edited:
The idea is to be able to do quick actions while driving with minimal distraction I think. I don’t see how turning WiFi on and off from the Bluetooth remote would be part of that.

The idea is to be able to do quick actions while driving with minimal distraction I think.

Totally, hence the single press.

I don’t see how turning WiFi on and off from the Bluetooth remote would be part of that.

Yeah no reason to turn Wi-Fi on or keep it on while driving, halves the bitrate.

But, say if you want to change a setting or format the micro SD, a long press on the same button (that's obviously a lot more convenient to reach) turns Wi-Fi on, doesn't that make sense to anyone else?

Totally, hence the single press.

Yeah no reason to turn Wi-Fi on or keep it on while driving, halves the bitrate.

But, say if you want to change a setting or format the micro SD, a long press on the same button (that's obviously a lot more convenient to reach) turns Wi-Fi on, doesn't that make sense to anyone else?

When parked it seems like a wash to me because I’d have to long press just behind the mirror on the furthest button to the right to turn on WiFi already. Don’t even have to look just a quick feel vs making sure I’m on the right button for video lock or mic on/off. Actually mic on/off might be a good one for the long press on the Bluetooth remote. Maybe just make it a user selectable option what the button presses (both long and short) do in the menu rather than hard coding it.

When parked it seems like a wash to me because I’d have to long press just behind the mirror on the furthest button to the right to turn on WiFi already. Don’t even have to look just a quick feel vs making sure I’m on the right button for video lock or mic on/off.

One could make the same argument for the emergency lock button...

Maybe just make it a user selectable option what the button presses (both long and short) do in the menu rather than hard coding it.

Exactly what I said on the opening page.

When parked it seems like a wash to me because I’d have to long press just behind the mirror on the furthest button to the right to turn on WiFi already. Don’t even have to look just a quick feel vs making sure I’m on the right button for video lock or mic on/off. Actually mic on/off might be a good one for the long press on the Bluetooth remote. Maybe just make it a user selectable option what the button presses (both long and short) do in the menu rather than hard coding it.

Mic on/off would be the other logical use, making the functions user selectable is a lot of coding for little gain

Mic on/off would be the other logical use, making the functions user selectable is a lot of coding for little gain
Not sure many people use that, most people either have the mic on permanently or off permanently.

How about "Power off" on long press, so that when parking in the garage overnight you don't unnecessarily record 12 hours of darkness, wear you memory card out and flatten your car battery in the process?
Doesn't really need to be on the remote, but for many people it may be the only button function they regularly use so it makes sense for it to be on a button that is in a convenient place. No need for a "power on" since that can be done by the accessory power.

Not sure many people use that, most people either have the mic on permanently or off permanently.

we get asked this a lot actually, people wanting to toggle mic off so as not to record a hands free phone call, when certain passengers are in the vehicle etc

How about "Power off" on long press, so that when parking in the garage overnight you don't unnecessarily record 12 hours of darkness, wear you memory card out and flatten your car battery in the process?
Doesn't really need to be on the remote, but for many people it may be the only button function they regularly use so it makes sense for it to be on a button that is in a convenient place. No need for a "power on" since that can be done by the accessory power.

Good suggestion also

Maybe just make it a user selectable option what the button presses, this make sense.

I'm looking at getting the A129 Duo and have some Bluetooth button questions.

1. Does anyone sell it with the cam or does it only come as an add-on accessory purchased separately?

2. How long does the battery last before it needs to be replaced?

3. Is this a real Bluetooth device that could be paired with any normal Bluetooth host or is it something proprietary? Just wondering if I could pair and play with it on Linux, like when the button is pressed a command is run.

1. Separate
2. Until now nobody complained about empty battery.
3. Something proprietary until now.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back