VIOFO Bluetooth Remote Control For A129 Dual Channel Dash Camera

viorel.rusu

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Now it's on sale on Viofo website.
$29.90 - in my opinion it's expensive... WTF... $30 + taxes
I'm wondering... is there a cloning method for this?

Where in the menu is the Bluetooth connection? I'm on 1.2 firmware.

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

they sell the camera cheap, as a package it's still not expensive
Cheap... so... so...
But there are many disadvantages: video quality is below A119 (n), the cable for rear camera or, probably, the rear camera itself affects the radio signal (n), the package is incomplete and the accessories are expensive (n), the WiFi speed is low(n)...

Cheap... so... so...
But there are many disadvantages: video quality is below A119, the cable for rear camera or, probably, the rear camera itself affects the radio signal, the package is incomplete and the accessories are expensive, the WiFi speed is low...
Up to what price for you will be considered cheap and look at other brands and models - on Ali and Amazon full of everything cheap...
Why are you just a Viofo, you are someone forced to?
and what means "fast WiFi", somewhere there is faster? (if the smartphone is faster, so why not buy a smartphone?)

Cheap... so... so...
But there are many disadvantages: video quality is below A119 (n), the cable for rear camera or, probably, the rear camera itself affects the radio signal (n), the package is incomplete and the accessories are expensive (n), the WiFi speed is low(n)...
There is never perfect camera.
Regarding the video quality, the A119 support 1440P, so can be better than 1080P especially for daytime.

About the rear camera cable, I thought you mean the cable is thick, this is limited by the current techonology, we are also looking for coaxial cable like blackvue for future product.

The Wi-Fi speed in 5Ghz mode is around 3MB/s, is faster than most of dash cams in the market.
This maybe improved in future latest chipset platform for new products.

I did. Strange decision to have it continuously enabled and no visual sign that is connected. Just my opinion..

Then when will be auto enabled again?

Every time the camera starts I would expect

Common way for Bluetooth devices to work when there's no way to enter a pin

I did. Strange decision to have it continuously enabled and no visual sign that is connected. Just my opinion..

No different to the mini 0906, although I don't think that is Bluetooth, think it is just wireless.

The remote runs on a battery so it has to be low power Bluetooth, and there is no real reason to turn that off, unlike the wifi which does use significant power and does cause wifi pollution because it is transmitting all the time.

Wondering if the remote could be programmed for other functions, multiple clicks or a long press to turn Wi-Fi on/off etc.

Wondering if the remote could be programmed for other functions, multiple clicks or a long press to turn Wi-Fi on/off etc.

Probably,but at some point you run out of space to add more code.

Coding well is an art which few excel at, although most of the time that skill level isn't needed. I followed along as a flashlight program code was written in a very limited space. It took an artist 5 tries to get the bugs out of the basic layout and minmize the space used. About 15 other functions were added after that, with each requiring a full test and debugging. Many took heavy revisioning to the program. When all was finished at least 500 hours later, there were 3 bits of available code space left. I am awed at how much dedication and innovative thinking that took. Even well-experienced coders who were helping didn't think the results were possible. While I still don't understand it, I now have great respect for those who can write code well. So I'm sure it can be done, but don't expect fast or easy because that can't be done.

Phil

Hard or easy, customer doesn't care. $30 to just mimic the emergency lock button, I too feel it's excessive.

Give it more functionality, if not a user assignable selection of presets, at least make it turn Wi-Fi on/off. Won't need to fiddle with the camera at all, simply turn Wi-Fi on using the remote and play around with the settings on your Android or iOS device.

Probably,but at some point you run out of space to add more code.

Coding well is an art which few excel at, although most of the time that skill level isn't needed. I followed along as a flashlight program code was written in a very limited space. It took an artist 5 tries to get the bugs out of the basic layout and minmize the space used. About 15 other functions were added after that, with each requiring a full test and debugging. Many took heavy revisioning to the program. When all was finished at least 500 hours later, there were 3 bits of available code space left. I am awed at how much dedication and innovative thinking that took. Even well-experienced coders who were helping didn't think the results were possible. While I still don't understand it, I now have great respect for those who can write code well. So I'm sure it can be done, but don't expect fast or easy because that can't be done.

Phil

the most frustrating comment we get is from people (who do, or at least claim to, write code for some unrelated product) telling us about some feature or improvement we need to add with a stupid throw away comment like, it's only a few lines of code, or it's just a few minutes of programming :mad:

When those who think they know but do not speak up, the truth about their knowledge of the subject is revealed. Everything seems easy until you try it yourself!

Phil

the most frustrating comment we get is from people (who do, or at least claim to, write code for some unrelated product) telling us about some feature or improvement we need to add with a stupid throw away comment like, it's only a few lines of code, or it's just a few minutes of programming :mad:

100% agree. Our app took 2 years.

Today price dropped to $19.90.
Probably somebody read this forum. :)
Now I'll buy it.
But, on Aliexpress official store, the price is $29.90 reduced from $42.71 :eek:
1534917501681.png
1534917461818.png

thats great viofo dropped the price on the button from $30 to $20, now all they have to do is please hurry up with the A129 CPL Filter that they keep putting off three weeks at a time every 3 weeks they say 3 more weeks

Back