Viofo.com security error...

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today my browser and my phone have both flagged up security errors going to Viofo.com and its security certificate doesn't match (its registered to Viofotech.com). Anyone else had this?

Just tried it on desktop Firefox browser, Safari browser and also on an iPhone (also using Firefox) and all three load with no issues or security alerts.

Norton has flagged the occasional security issue when I try and access the Viofo community forum.

I did report it to them, a few months ago, and they were baffled.

Today my browser and my phone have both flagged up security errors going to Viofo.com and its security certificate doesn't match (its registered to Viofotech.com). Anyone else had this?

Note the renewal date of the certificate ‎Tuesday, ‎29 ‎March ‎2022 10:43:14
Perhaps your browser was caching or similar.
A long shot is they forgot to renew the cert but I highly doubt it.
Note that I am unable to get to the page viofo.com only viofo.com/en

Note that I am unable to get to the page viofo.com only viofo.com/en

Whenever I tried to go to viofo.com it immediately redirected to viofo.com/en. It may simply be geo-locating based on the language used in the country you happen to be in. Perhaps a member in say France or Germany or elsewhere where English is not the native language can try it and see what URL they get?

Whenever I tried to go to viofo.com it immediately redirected to viofo.com/en. It may simply be geo-locating based on the language used in the country you happen to be in. Perhaps a member in say France or Germany or elsewhere where English is not the native language can try it and see what URL they get?
Good point and did think of that so I vpn'ed in. Tried various none English speaking countries. Same result however it may be detecting my browser's settings also.

Last edited:
Well... my problem has disappeared! All links working as normal now. Perhaps the renewed Cert didnt propogate quickly enough... Thanks for noticing the Cert renewal date!

Back