Viofo G1W-S Mircro SD Cards & on keyless ignition vehicles.

jfsoto1988

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F50, Thinkware F200, Thinkware FA200.
upload_2017-5-25_13-31-1.png

So I just go my Viofo G1W-S through SpyTec via Amazon.

Are these still incompatible with Class 10 Micro SD cards? I have a PNY 16GB Class 10 Turbo Performance that can be used on tablets, smartphones, & action cams. I also have Kingston 8GB & 16GB Class 4 Micro SD cards.

To make it more discreet, I will use black electrical tape on the logo & light.

I have no need for the GPS cable.

I will install this camera on my 2016 Nissan Rouge crossover SUV. Unlike my other vehicles, this is a keyless ignition vehicle. Any tips & warnings for that? I cant hardwire cause of the airbags & built in electronics (blind spot monitor, Bluetooth, GPS Maps, SOS button, etc).

View attachment 31183

So I just go my Viofo G1W-S through SpyTec via Amazon.

Are these still incompatible with Class 10 Micro SD cards? I have a PNY 16GB Class 10 Turbo Performance that can be used on tablets, smartphones, & action cams. I also have Kingston 8GB & 16GB Class 4 Micro SD cards.

To make it more discreet, I will use black electrical tape on the logo & light.

I have no need for the GPS cable.

I will install this camera on my 2016 Nissan Rouge crossover SUV. Unlike my other vehicles, this is a keyless ignition vehicle. Any tips & warnings for that? I cant hardwire cause of the airbags & built in electronics (blind spot monitor, Bluetooth, GPS Maps, SOS button, etc).
Why do you think they are not compatible with Class 10 cards? That's what I would use. I wouldn't bother with the Class 4 card.

And what makes you think you can't hardwire?

Its confusing.

All the built in features must take a lot of power when the engine is off. I tested the power outlets & they stay on when the engine off. Maybe I should wait 30 minutes without turning on the engine to see what happens.

Last edited:
Never mind. It just takes about 10 minutes for it to power off. The doors have to be closed & I have to turn off the radio.

I just gotta be careful when ejecting the Micro SD card due to limited space & when unplugging the outlet.

I'm using class 10 cards on both my G1W-s units, and I've hard wired my front cam up hardwired to a permeant live fuse. my car is a Ford focus st with keyless and push button start I can not see this been an issue.

There is a screen icon that looks like the "No Flash" icon for digital cameras. What is that for? I don't see it on the menu settings.

Also, it seems the G1W-S is not immune to the date/time reset problem, but its probably my fault on that one. My Nissan Rogue is usually in the garage as a backup vehicle. I only drive it once or twice a week.

G1WS_V.11_0119 is the firmware.

Its not hardwired & I have motion detection & G sensor turned off.

Is there a PDF full version manual for this dash camera?

upload_2017-7-21_0-37-56.png

Left:
Video Recording Mode
Continous Loop
Expousure
????

Right:
Audio
Micro SD Card
Power

can you post a picture of it?
I think jfsoto1988 that's the Led light icon you are referring to, if it is with in a round circle with it crossed out, then the LED light at the fron of the camera is in active, if you press the power button one quick short press this will active the LED, but this LED light is pointless as its not an IR or night vision, so I would not use it as it can reflect back from the screen disturbing any video with the light reflection

+1 on the Class 10 cards. Both my G1W-S's run flawlessly on them as do all my other cams :D And both mine start up and shut down with the ignition equally well, so hardwiring will work provided you draw power in an appropriate manner. That can be an issue with some of today's newer cars as they use a computer-controlled power scheme and it's not always going to be doing what you want it to do :( Nor can you configure it to do that :eek: It's not a cam problem but a car problem.

The car manufacturers have become like Microsoft in giving you what they want you to have the way they want you to have it, while making it tough or impossible to get what you want instead even when that is easily possible :mad:

Phil

Back