Viofo Hard wire kit

Airborne

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A129
OK here is the scenario. The hard wire kit needs constant on and accessory, switched. In the Tacoma engine bay there is no switched or accessory power. I want to create one. I have a Bluesea split fuse panel. 6 circuits are power.constant on, the other 6 circuits are accessory ,switched
I already tapped the positive to the constant on, Will a relay or contact-er with a Normal open 12 volt coil work and give me the accessory feed I need. I will come off the positive of the battery again to feed the relay. When the truck is shut off the coil wire will go to the accessory side of my panel. I do not want to use double taps on Toyota's fuse panel.
I could even use a small lighting contact er. Now I have accessory and constant in my fuse panel. Will this work? I know if it was AC it would, but we are DC now. The Blue Sea panel is split and used for this purpose. It sure would make things easy for me. The panel and the breakers are mounted already, I have constant power there, now I need accessory feed. I am using # 4 wire going to the panel. Like to hear some thoughts on this

So are all the accessories powered when you switch the car off? Find that pretty hard to believe.

Back