Viofo keeping bitrate at 16mb/s ?

mangori

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just installed my camera thanks to dashcam, but I am having a little issue with camera quality.
I can barely read any license plates and this is with video viewed on a computer.

I turned off wifi and my bitrate is at 16mb/s. I'm using a samsung u3 select 128gb card. Supposedly rated minimum 30mb/s.

I read that viofo is suppose to have 20mb/s bitrate and i know there are mods out there, but i don't know which one to use that works fine with parking mode. I'm running viofo v1.5

Which one do you recommend ? Also, is it worth upgrading to viofo a1.9 ? Some forum member wrote that v1.5 was more stable for parking mode ?

I would go for Mod-2Ur for balanced front/rear image quality, or Mod-5Ur for better quality on front camera. Both are based on FW 1.5 which was more stable than 1.9
However, if you want buffered parking mode, choose a similar bitrate combo based on that version (2Wk or 5Wk)

What is 2wk or 5wk ? I think I like bitrate parking mode the low one. But i would like balanced front /rear image quality.

Back