Viofo, let’s go! A229 Pro 3-Channel Dash Camera review (+ RTC300 telephoto review & Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro shoot-out!)

you wouldn't get away with it these days but back then no one got so easily offended

That's absolutely true. It's not like the good old days anymore. And it may be even worse for American TV now. All the computer driven commercials seem repetitive, uncreative, boring and brain dead, whereas many of them used to be entertaining and occasionally even a bit titillating. (but at least the fancy computer graphics are impressive :rolleyes:)

Yep, some of my favorites used to be the old VW commercials.

I remember that one!

My first car was an old 1963 VW bug I bought for $110 bucks during my first year in college. It had a cloth sunroof, a 4 speed manual transmission; it was an ugly faded aquamarine color and was a lot of fun to drive. Drove it all over the place with my girlfriend in tow, but not very fast. Usually it was fine but going up steep hills I'd have a long line of cars behind me.:D

My first car was an old 1963 VW bug...
I had a '61 Dark Blue followed by a '64 Beige/Tan. Neither was much fun in the winter with the anemic heater. :coldfeet: Unless of course you drove around in a lower gear to keep the RPMs up.

That's absolutely true. It's not like the good old days anymore. And it may be even worse for American TV now. All the computer driven commercials seem repetitive, uncreative, boring and brain dead, whereas many of them used to be entertaining and occasionally even a bit titillating. (but at least the fancy computer graphics are impressive :rolleyes:)
Even the fancy computer graphics aren't even to get me over the line, no one puts any effort as you say into writing a genuinely funny or entertaining skit with a punch line.

Definitely the good old days are over, the new generations coming through have no hope. I mean, all generations say that about the new ones coming through, but it's never been more true than it is now.

Even the fancy computer graphics aren't even to get me over the line, no one puts any effort as you say into writing a genuinely funny or entertaining skit with a punch line.

Definitely the good old days are over, the new generations coming through have no hope. I mean, all generations say that about the new ones coming through, but it's never been more true than it is now.

And AI is apparently going to make this whole thing even worse!

I had a '61 Dark Blue followed by a '64 Beige/Tan. Neither was much fun in the winter with the anemic heater. :coldfeet: Unless of course you drove around in a lower gear to keep the RPMs up.

Yeah, I remember the crappy heater, especially during Vermont winters.

Back