Viofo MT1 Access to App show error

ofernir123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the below issue and hope someone knows how to resolve
  1. After I restart my phone (Android, Samsung S20+ 5G) first time Wifi & App are connected fine, and I can use the App.
    if I disconnect WiFi & close the App and reconnect right after, Wifi & App still able to connect.
    If I wait some time, 10 – 15 min, WiFi is connected fine, App through the error “device disconnected” or "error: 562". Restarting my phone recovers both connections.
  2. WiFi is connected fine at all time (blue light become solid). Whether it is first time connection after restart the phone or any other time.
  3. When using the SD adaptor in my Laptop (Windows 10) USB, I can see the files recorded.
  4. Base on the LEDs status, Remote Control works fine (Stop/Start recording and WiFi).
  5. The App version is 3.2.0 and Firmware is MT1_200408_V1.0.
Thanks in advance

Hello,
We recommend you reinstall the app and reflash the firmware. Please remember to reset the camera after reflashing the firmware.

Yes. going with a clean slate is also what i would do in a case like this.
Did you get this issue from Day #1 or is it something that have popped up suddenly or maybe with a firmware flash ?

Yes. going with a clean slate is also what i would do in a case like this.
Did you get this issue from Day #1 or is it something that have popped up suddenly or maybe with a firmware flash ?
Thanks, yes, this is same from day one. and tested with more then one phone, though both are Samsung.

I have some times cured connection on android phones ( the only flavor of phones i know off ) by turning off mobile date or put the phone in airplane mode.

Thanks, yes, this is same from day one. and tested with more then one phone, though both are Samsung.
As listed in the query, I do have the 200408 V1 firmware installed.
What i wouldlike to know if there are Android users which have "stable" connection, if they can list the WiFi setup for this Viofo connection.

Please try the steps above. Here is the firmware MT1_V1.0(20200408).

If it doesn't help. please submit a ticket here for a warranty.
Can the Android app team test for this bug? This seems like an Android app issue since it's the app that shows an error even though the MT1 is still connected to the phone. Connection can be made multiple times, but it needs to be within a certain time period (within 10-20 minutes of each connection - this is an estimate). Connection can also be made again once the phone is restarted.

Thaks all. to keep you posted, here is latest emails exchange with Viofo support.

Viofo support:

Hi Ofer Nir,

Sorry for the late reply,

1. What Android it was tested with ZTE 8012N
  2. Does the Viofo WiFi defined and set as “automatically connected” network on test phone? ZTE 8012N is our test phone and we have used it to connect to other cams before or after this test.
  3. Is there any other network set as “automatically connected” network on test phone? we assume no
  4. What “other” activities was execute after first Viofo WiFi connection with time (for example, connection to other network and re-reconnect to Viofo WiFi NW)? there is nothing fishy we have done,
While we are testing it with another phone, we suggest you turn off your phone and the cam, and forget the WIFI to seek another chance, besides, we do not suggest you keeping WIFI on for too long,

if it continues this,

we shall prefer a video,
You may upload the video to the below link.
https://viofo.wetransfer.com/
We are waiting for your reply.

me:

Thanks for your response.

Not to be very rode, I do not work for Viofo and not part of testing group. Therefore there will be no videos. I am Viofo customer.

The WiFi connection is good, every time I try to connect, by all measurements I can see/verify from my phone.

The issue is with the App connected to the device, which is different, from some reason, between first time connection (after phone restart) and next attempts to connect.

Tip: from me 40 years’ experience with HiTech (HW & SW) and applications, this is App “parameters initiations” issue or App vectors exceeding size which runover data in the memory.

If the issue is in my device, it is expected to replace this device. If the issue is with App working on Samsung phone, this should be called clearly in the spec. if the App tested only with ZTE, it also should be published as limitation.

In any event, please complete the investigation and send me formal response.

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

We guess it could be a phone problem. We tested for up to 1 hour several times with an android phone and iPhone and didn't find any error messages.

Could you use another phone to see if it also shows errors?

Hello,

We guess it could be a phone problem. We tested for up to 1 hour several times with an android phone and iPhone and didn't find any error messages.

Could you use another phone to see if it also shows errors?

Sure,

I tested it with Samsung 9 and it show same symptoms. i already reported that to a person on behalf of Viofo support (by the name Sxxxxx Gxx - which i hide as this is not personal issue)

Yes, i agree this is App on phone issue.

Last edited:
All, since Viofo did not fix the issue, from whatever reason, it is now on me to decide if I am willing to live with the limitations (restart phone, or use SD with USB),

Thank you all for helping and advising.

Ofer

Back