Viofo Parking Mode new beta feature

Is your hardwire kit connected to a circuit that's always live? The camera actually needs LESS power while in parking mode, so if it works while driving then it should work while parked as long as the circuit has power.

That may be my problem. I connected it to the cigar lighter. Which one is recommended for this?

Here is a photo of the fuses I have available
365369d1502306430-2015-subaru-outback-fuse-box-diagram-wechat-image_20170809122035.jpg

If the "key sw" is opening your car then is a good fuse to use because the car always should be prepared to be opened so they part must be always powered.

enjoy,
Mtz

If the "key sw" is opening your car then is a good fuse to use because the car always should be prepared to be opened so they part must be always powered.

enjoy,
Mtz
Another possibility is the audio fuse, or maybe "unit B+". Just use a test light to find a fuse that's live all the time. And of course avoid the srs airbag fuse.

I use the power seat fuse. It is always on, even without the key.

That won't be true for every car though. Best to check using test light.

actually better to use a multimeter, easy to do damage in some cars using a test light, LED test lights are safer but the multimeter is still a better option

I used the parking mode feature today for the first time.

I am impressed by how quick the camera comes out of standby to start recording from motion detection (people walking in front of the car are 1/4 of the way into the frame when recording starts).

I noticed that the first video file is being locked when I get back into the car from the camera being in parking mode. (Moved to the RO folder) Should it be?

I was a little unimpressed though by how many parking files I have with 90 seconds of no change in the scene apart from the change in the clouds. It was a completely overcast day with a little cloud movement but it must have been enough to wake the camera. (I had 120 ish files from 8 hours. More than half were 90 seconds long with no movement in them. I was also parked in a corner so movement was in an arc in front of me)

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

Last edited:
I noticed that the first video file is being locked when I get back into the car from the camera being in parking mode. (Moved to the RO folder) Should it be?
The firmware automatically resets the G-sensor menu setting to "High Sensitivity" while in Parking Mode (the menu setting) sometime after the A119 goes to Standby (not recording). It's possible that the process of getting in your car can activate an event (emergency) recording by G-sensor action. Sometime after normal recording resumes, the firmware should switch the G-sensor setting back to the User's setting. {Edit: If you are getting an excessive number of event (emergency) recordings while driving, at first opportunity while parked, check and reset if necessary the G-Sensor menu setting.}
I was a little unimpressed though by how many parking files I have with 90 seconds of no change in the scene apart from the change in the clouds.
The A119's motion detection is very sensitive to changes in light in the FOV, where you may not see an aftermath to the source of the trigger. Without a User adjustment for motion detection sensitivity, it is probably better to get too many files than too few.

Last edited:
The firmware automatically resets the G-sensor menu setting to "High Sensitivity" while in Parking Mode (the menu setting) after the A119 goes to Standby (not recording). It's possible that the process of getting in your car can activate an event (emergency) recording by G-sensor action. Sometime after normal recording resumes, the firmware should switch the G-sensor setting back to the User's setting. If you interrupt recording (by pressing the REC button) while the A119 G-sensor is in the High Sensitivity state, the A119 G-sensor may get stuck there and must be checked and reset by the User, most notably when you are getting unwanted event (emergency) recordings while driving.

I thought that was the case. I only had the one file from when i first entered the car.

The A119's motion detection is very sensitive to changes in light in the FOV, where you may not see an aftermath to the source of the trigger. Without a User adjustment for motion detection sensitivity, it is probably better to get too many files than too few.

Yes definitely agree more files are better than missing action and it would be nice to be able to set the sensitivity of the motion detection to suit requirements, but if it was user adjustable then you could set it too low and render it useless so maybe it better off just set high.

does the 3.4 beta firmware has parking mode? i cant find it anywhere.

Boys.. probably i wrong and wrote my problem in the Thread "Viofo 119 V2". So please if you can read it..
In few words : i have connect the dashcam with hardwire connection (ACC, +12V and NEGATIVE) with the converter in photo below. But even if the engire is yet off the dashcam however record constantly even if i activate motion detection (i try both with parking mode and with motion detection but i have the same result : the camera starts recording even if the engine is off and there is no movements!)
The connection of ACC and +12V are correct because i try with voltmetre...
What can i do?? It seems that doesn't interested if there is the ACC or not..it starts however to record as like i would connect dashcam directly to +12V...[emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]
Help me!
4d942dfd7f09efd51bdc5ab2653674ac.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

The A119 has no why to detect from which source the power is coming from. Power is power to the A119. What happens when you disconnect the constant 12 volt source?

The A119 has no why to detect from which source the power is coming from. Power is power to the A119. What happens when you disconnect the constant 12 volt source?
The A119 immediatelly shot down (or after some seconds if i left it connect for some minutes in way capacitor powered)

The A119 immediatelly shot down (or after some seconds if i left it connect for some minutes in way capacitor powered)

Will the camera now power on and off with the ACC (engine on and off)? If your looking to use the Parking Mode, then you'll need to use the 12V constant power source instead of the ACC source. Keep in mind that you will have to power down manually when you want the camera off.

Will the camera now power on and off with the ACC (engine on and off)? If your looking to use the Parking Mode, then you'll need to use the 12V constant power source instead of the ACC source. Keep in mind that you will have to power down manually when you want the camera off.
No no.. the camera remain in recording ever!
The Goluk T1 of my father when he turn on the engine on starts recording, then when he turn off the engine the Goluk stops recording and automatically change to parking mode and DON'T record anything, it starts recording only if something moves or if there is a hurt.

The A119 instead records ever? With no stop? If yes, what is the utility of parking mode? In parking mode tha camera wouldn't record anything if doesn't see movements....

I have made these 2 videos about (with some pause during video to cut the actions)

I have read about it

"Continuous shocks = car running = recording in Normal Mode
- No shock = camera in Parking Mode -> waiting for Motion in front of camera to record as timelapse video or waiting for a shock to record in Normal Mode."

As said in PARKING MODE the camera should be in stand-by (when the engine is off) in waiting that someone moves (and so start a timelapse video) or there is a shock ( and in this case start recording Normal Mode).
Mine camera records ever ,with no stop or stand-by, it is like my engine would be ever turn on!

The camera will not enter Parking Mode/Standby mode if it's still sensing some kind of motion. Keep in mind it is also sensitive to light. Your camera must be still sensing something. It's very sensitive.

Back