Viofo Parking Mode new beta feature

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
A firmware for Viofo A119 which was containing a new feature called Parking Mode is available on Facebook, here is the download link of Version 3.1B
For sure there must be some changelog because this firmware is based on a new SDK and maybe @viofo will offer the full changelog in this thread.

The Viofo idea of this Parking Mode I think is something new on the (chinese) dashcams market and is based on shocks detected by the G-Sensor, simple in this way:
- Continuous shocks = car running = recording in Normal Mode
- No shock = camera in Parking Mode -> waiting for Motion in front of camera to record as timelapse video or waiting for a shock to record in Normal Mode.

More observations in this not so nice video, but I wanted to record it in dark to see the camera lights:

Post your feedback and observations here, I hope to make a list with the correct ones:
1. Do not turn on screensaver when camera is in Parking Mode. LED lights are enough
2. No sound for Parking files, but this is normally for a time-lapse

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Thanks for the news, but without annoyance, if you posted this news about a new firmware, why shoudn't you specify the source of the information (https://www.facebook.com/viofo/), it would be a thanks for those who developed it?...

Reactions: Mtz
I wrote right at the beginning that the source is Facebook, but I was afraid to not spam with too many details.

enjoy,
Mtz

thanks for the info. your youtube link isn't working for me (i'm on mobile). can you tell me if the video is pre-buffered before shock or motion detect activates? i'm thinking not but i'd love to be wrong.

thanks for the info. your youtube link isn't working for me (i'm on mobile). can you tell me if the video is pre-buffered before shock or motion detect activates? i'm thinking not but i'd love to be wrong.
As I know it's not prebuffered... Parking mode is based on G-sensor and motion detect.

No buffer. I think the Novatek and Ambarella chipsets can not offer pre-buffer videos. From my old experience only korean dashcams I had were with buffered video. Right now I am not in the middle of the news, maybe something is changing also for chinese dashcams, @jokiin for sure have much more details about this wanted feature.

enjoy,
Mtz

The video link is an owners link. A visitors link is:

Reactions: Mtz
No buffer. I think the Novatek and Ambarella chipsets can not offer pre-buffer videos. From my old experience only korean dashcams I had were with buffered video. Right now I am not in the middle of the news, maybe something is changing also for chinese dashcams, @jokiin for sure have much more details about this wanted feature.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ambarella can support prebuffered video from A7 onward, it's useful for motion detect when parked but has some negative sides also

A firmware for Viofo A119 which was containing a new feature called Parking Mode is available on Facebook, here is the download link of Version 3.1B
For sure there must be some changelog because this firmware is based on a new SDK and maybe @viofo will offer the full changelog in this thread.
Also can download from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/firmware/FW_A119_V3.1B.zip

Change log:
  1. Added: Parking mode feature
  2. Added: Lock the previous file while the button pressed in the begin of 15s of current file
  3. Improved: Change the sound for taking screen shot while press the menu button
  4. Improved: One click to stop recording, mute/unmute while in screen save mode
  5. Improved: No embed GPS info in movie while GPS feature disabled.
  6. Fixed: Screen on issue while detected on detection in screen save mode
Appreciate your feedback.

Not test it yet...

Appreciate your feedback.
Thanks, Parking mode is great! I would like to have a simple parking mode option, where it just goes into Time-Lapsed video continuously (ie. doesn't stop even if there is no motion). Just keep on recording in time-lapsed for a set amount of time (eg. 4 hours). No need for motion to trigger it, just always record in time-lapsed until the set time expires or power is cut.

If there is shock, then record in normal mode for a few minutes, then go back to time-lapsed mode continuously.

Last edited:
You already have Time Lapse menu, just missing a Shocks option.

enjoy,
Mtz

You already have Time Lapse menu, just missing a Shocks option.

enjoy,
Mtz
For clarity: Automatically switch between normal recording (driving) and time-lapsed (parked). I know we already have Time Lapsed, but I don't want to be recording time-lapsed while driving.

Maybe Viofo will add this option to the Parking Mode feature.

enjoy,
Mtz

Viofo is very receptive to ideas and/but it takes time to sort it out

Back