Viofo Parking Mode new beta feature

I ordered four of these ($3.89 each). I will calibrate them by leaving my hood open and headlights on. When my multimeter says the battery is at 12.4 volts, I will turn the pot to trip the relay. It's the only way to be sure. I don't think I can trust those hard-wire kits. There were some for $3.25 each, but longer estimate arrival time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232440978347

A bit late reply, but for those using hardwire kits (with 11.6V low voltage protection) and who are anxious about battery discharge, instead of using extra protection PCBs (which have a power drain themselves) to increase the 11.6V threshold, you can use a diode in series with the 12V-->5V module (on its 12V input) so you will introduce a 0.7V voltage drop (or whatever the diode's forward drop is, schottky diodes have a lower drop). Thus when the battery's voltage is 12.3V the module will get 11.6V and will switch to protection mode. I would go for a schottky diode with lets say a 0.4V forward voltage drop and have my 12v-->5V module switch in protection mode when the actual battery voltage is at 12V ( = 11.6V + 0.4V)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new here
(or BUNA for the romanian - I'm originally from there...)

Well I have A119 V2 dash-cam and I'd really want to put the parking mode. However, I can't afford buying VicoVcation Plus device. I want to put 2 more dash cams, therefore buying 3 vico devices is not the cheapest option.
In my city, the sellers in the garage told to me they have a such kit/device that takes off in 12.4V, however, I'm not an expert and therefore I have no idea if I can trust in such a cheap and simple kit. What you say? Also a simple and cheap kit/device will do the "work" or should I buy, even if it costs exprensive, the VicoVation plus?

Please help :)

you do not have to purchase a battery discharge prevention device for each camera if they're being installed in the same vehicle. I run 2X A119 cameras from a single BDP.

you do not have to purchase a battery discharge prevention device for each camera if they're being installed in the same vehicle. I run 2X A119 cameras from a single BDP.
Actually 3 cars of my family

A simple and cheap device that my garage has, will do the same work, or should I invest the moeny in the vico eventough it costs a lot (for 3 cars)?

Actually 3 cars of my family

A simple and cheap device that my garage has, will do the same work, or should I invest the moeny in the vico eventough it costs a lot (for 3 cars)?

i see. in my daily driver, i have had luck using this OBD power cable for parking mode. the very important caveat is that it states that it will cutoff power at 11.6v which is way too low to restart a vehicle. i have a bigger battery and it gets driven often so it’s always recharged. i have left it for an entire weekend without it hitting the low voltage cutoff but your application may be very different. nonetheless, i still carry an emergency starter battery in the hatch just in case my vehicle fails to start.

i see. in my daily driver, i have had luck using this OBD power cable for parking mode. the very important caveat is that it states that it will cutoff power at 11.6v which is way too low to restart a vehicle. i have a bigger battery and it gets driven often so it’s always recharged. i have left it for an entire weekend without it hitting the low voltage cutoff but your application may be very different. nonetheless, i still carry an emergency starter battery in the hatch just in case my vehicle fails to start.
So for "regular" cars (Mini like Aygo/Citigo/Micra) 12.4V is good enough or it will takes only 30min after parking? What about 12.2V? Too low?

12.2v is a fairly safe cutoff point for most vehicles. During the summer you might be able to get away with 12.0v but if it gets near freezing in the winter, I wouldn't go below 12.2. not only will it not start, discharging too low will ruin the battery. Much cheaper to pay 30-50 bucks for a good bdp than 150+for a new battery!

Is there a possibillity to keep the screen black when the camera starts to record in parking mode?
I don't care at daylight but at night it's pretty akward when the display starts shining everytime someone is walking by the car.

PS: I'm sorry if my question was already answered in the last nine sites of the thread but I couldn't find it.

Reactions: Mtz
Maybe until Parking Mode will be more developed is better to have that screen waking up because is more easy for people to see the feature is working.
Maybe @viofo will implement your request in a future version

enjoy,
Mtz

@Mtz
Alright thanks, the problem is, that in my country the A119 parking mode is pretty much not usable.
There are pretty strict privacy protection laws in Germany, it's completely illegal to record outside your car and capture every person that goes by.

Edit: I just found out that my power bank has no pass throgh function. I need a new one anyway.

Last edited:
Completely wrong!What happens when you are recording with your mobile phone on public places,will be this confiscated?NO!The record is for your OWN use and can not be published without permission.That is what law is saying.
The police even asked me once in Germany, where I lived for a long time,if I have the record on my camera to see the suspect on a crime,because they saw my dashcam on windshield.I even used the record to prove who was guilty on a car accident where I was involved.I received many Tnx from Police itself and from the ensurance company.(Bergisch Gladbach,NRW)

Back