Viofo Semi Resolved but Not Thrilled Yet

Done feeding the trolls. Thread Speaks for itself.

1. I posted threads and links to others having overheating issues.
2. Viofo isn't standing behind their warranty or wanting to issue refund.

I'm done replying.
Sky Atlantic Seriously GIF by Domina Series

My Message:

I send front camera body to China. I get 100% refund + Shipping.
We Agree?

VIOFO REPLY:

Yes,

We shall give you refund and shipping fee once we get the package,
This is what I'm referring to.
Viofo did not agree that they will issue you a 100% refund.
They said they will give you refund and shipping fee. They never stated what percentage they would refund you, therefore it is to their discretion. That's something that you should have addressed or clarified in a followup prior to returning the front cam.

Now if Viofo's response had said "Yes, we shall give you 100% refund and shipping fee once we get the package", then they are obligated to do that.
In this case though, the percentage refund figure was not included in their response to your 100% refund question and you seem to have overlooked it?

To be honest, you see what I did there [emoji3] if after refusing the part percentage refund I think I too would have assumed a full refund when they only asked for the front cam and said they would do a refund.

Ignoring the OPs posting history which I wasn’t aware of, the original post just taken from a Customer Support point of view does look bad. When I read it I too couldn’t understand why they were refusing a replacement but I guess they were miffed with the many complaints/returns that the OP has made. Again in my books, that doesn’t excuse bad CS, you just have to learn with these types of customers?

He's just sour about not being included in the T130 Beta testing. LOL

You got me...Yep.. I'm mad about the T130. Note Sarcasm to your otherwise ASININE COMMENT:

Actually, I don't give a damn about Viofo or the T130. Viofo wants to have their cake and ice cream. Keep their Broken Product and Not Issue a Refund.

1. They Don't Want to Honor their Warranty
2. They Don't Want to refund the full amount of purchase the Price....80%....Then 85%.
3. They then Decide to "Give me a Full Refund" and tell me to ship the Front Camera. Costing me a decent amount of money on shipping.
4. Once I Ship, Viofo Goes... O Ya, we changed our Mind. We Now want the other parts back.

Never yet refunding me for the first package I mailed or issuing the promised Refund. Even after they'll be getting the front camera back. Since there was no way to prevent the package from arriving in China.

This is what is called fraud. A company can't refuse to honor their warranty and refuse to issue a refund by throwing up more barriers.

So yes, I'm dealing with this another route. As I have all communications saved.

Last edited:
I am an expert in formatting and there is no chance VIOFO wrote me off as not worth the time which is wrong.

I am an expert in formatting and there is no chance VIOFO wrote me off as not worth the time which is wrong.
Formatting as in memory card formatting?

1. Text formatting

I’m even more confused, how would being a “text formatting” mean that you’d get support from Viofo if they decided not to support you?

I’m even more confused, how would being a “text formatting” mean that you’d get support from Viofo if they decided not to support you?

I don't get the joke either.....

So there's a bit of an update. Viofo issued a "Refund" though not sure how they arrived at the amount. I guess they subtracted the hardwire kit from refund. Fair enough. Though they still shorted a bit. Supposedly, once I send back their other cameras, they'll refund me shipping.

I'm still going to be out about 5-7% of the purchase price to have swapped out camera on my own through amazon. Since Viofo didn't want to honor warranty.

But at this point, I think this is going to be the most amicable solution.

Can you do a word count for the whole affair?

I prefer a Shakespearean Style Play instead. O Viofo O Viofo where art thou full refund Viofo.

The whole play will be a cinematic event recorded on a Viofo Dash Camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a memory card big enough to record it without overwriting?

• Haha
Reactions: EGS
Back