Viofo Support

SIGWVU

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had any experience with support from @viofo ? I reached out to Viofo here on DashCamTalk via PM on 8/26 but got no response. I did not think that was a huge deal as I am sure they prefer communication be had using official support channels. On 8/30, I submitted a support ticket but have received no response. When I log into the support ticket to check on the status, it remains in limbo with a message saying 'Being Processed'.

As I posted in another thread, the focus of my A129 is way off (see attached screenshot) and I am looking to get a warranty replacement or repair. In the meantime, I have purchased a second A129 so I do not have to go without a cam during this process. I just wish this process would get some traction and move forward.

So, to anyone who has dealt with @viofo in the past, is this typical?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-25-17h27m36s055.png
    vlcsnap-2018-08-25-17h27m36s055.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
where did you purchase it from?
Important detail I should have included!

I purchased the cam with the focus issue directly from Viofo. The additional camera was purchased via SpyTec on Amazon.

ok, guess you'll need to deal with Viofo then, they're not on here all that often so you might want to give them another try

I got a response on a support ticket about 5 days later. It's a long wait.

I use their forum and get responses pretty quick.

me too.
contacted them thru this forum, no response.

opened a ticket on their website with a link to this forum (my popped supercap thread), they answered i thing 2 or 3 days later.

so if you have any problems with viofo cams, open a ticket on their website, they will answer a few days later.

but you have to check your spam folder too, some mails are there...

@OP the second cam (with the good focus) is pointing in the same angle (45% hood 55% traffic)?

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

I bought off ebay and submitted a support ticket directly to viofo and they honoured the warranty. The replies were a little slow but couldn't fault the service once I actually got in contact with someone.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@OP the second cam (with the good focus) is pointing in the same angle (45% hood 55% traffic)?

Like him, I do 3rds, Sky, Road, Hood front & rear so the auto exposure doesn't f-stop down (dim) everything when it see's mostly sky. Also if you take a side impact some of it will be recorded.

I asked because I noticed that when there are a lot of strong reflections (still don't have a filter) and my dashcam starts, some times it focuses on them and not on the traffic so, until it will stop, all the recordings are out of (traffic) focus. In the OP's picture the hood seems that have a lot of strong contrast and I was thinking that, maybe, in that position the previous cam "picked up" the hood as a focus area. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I asked because I noticed that when there are a lot of strong reflections (still don't have a filter) and my dashcam starts, some times it focuses on them and not on the traffic so, until it will stop, all the recordings are out of (traffic) focus. In the OP's picture the hood seems that have a lot of strong contrast and I was thinking that, maybe, in that position the previous cam "picked up" the hood as a focus area. Just my two cents.

reflections won't affect the focus, the lens is a fixed focus type

Reactions: gse
Recently we didn't check the posts and messages frequently. Sometime I got more than 25 PM messages, especially while we offer free samples, this let me work hard to reply.
I have replied your PM some days ago, and offered solution, you will receive the replacement next week, wish the new one no issue.

please check your spam folder too, some mails could be there...

Back