Viofo UK only UK seller with stock of the HK3-C hardwire kit?

Slangster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2CH
Has anyone used Viofo UK? The say on their website that they are using Viofo UK as a trading name for Organise My Car Ltd.

Already have my A139 2CH installed in my BMW with the cigarette lighter in the front passenger footwell, but want to go to the hardwire kit to enable parking mode. Can the HK-3 hardwire kit be "adapted" to use a USB C connector?

Look forward to your expert opinions :)

Steve

I don't think it is a good idea to adapt an HK-3 unless there is no other choice. Although it could probably work, I'm not sure if the acc signal for parking will get through, there is also a question about current capacity since the A139 consumes more power than any of the others and the HK3-C may be modified to cope.

Viofo UK seem to be the "official" UK distributors, you can also find them on Amazon selling most items, which gives you a little more protection if you are worried, but so far they seem to be OK both via Amazon and direct.

I ordered mine to the UK direct from the official VIOFO web site and it came in just over a week.

You can just use the HK3 hardwire cable and use a USB-C adapter to Mini USB and it works exactly the same. I installed mine like that and no differences.

You can just use the HK3 hardwire cable and use a USB-C adapter to Mini USB and it works exactly the same. I installed mine like that and no differences.
Does parking mode work correctly?
If so, can you link your source of adaptor, since it could be that some work for parking mode and others don't.

I ordered my A119 v3 from the UK VIOFO site. It came pretty quickly. No complaints there.

I personally think the camera is duff though. I've contacted their support & they were real quick to respond and suggest something to try - again no complaints there.

But it only stepped around the issue and doesn't resolve it. I told them this. I want an exchange ideally or a refund if exchange isn't possible. It's been about 4 days now and still no response - so yes, complaints there.

If needs be then i'll have to go through the credit card company but i'd rather just have it resolved properly.

What was the issue?

How does the parking kit communicate to the camera that it is time to activate parking mode?

Issue detailed in my thread on here.

I haven't hard wired it as I believe it to be faulty anyway so no point. I'm asking for an exchange but no response 4 days in.

I just checked, last time Viofo was on was March 30, almost a month ago,,,,,, i do hope its not the virus,,,,, or maybe the Chinese version of the Gulags.

I just checked, last time Viofo was on was March 30, almost a month ago,,,,,, i do hope its not the virus,,,,, or maybe the Chinese version of the Gulags.
Don’t worry, it’s not that bad, VIOFO has just been busy designing new dashcams!

Back