Viofo V3 and Cellink Neo 6

Gégé

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi,
I want to plug the V3 with the Cellink Neo 6 battery but I don't find the right hardwire kit to do it (the hardwire between Neo 6 output and Viofo mini usb power in)

I saw two kinds of kit sold with Neo 6 on the net. one with a female cigarette plug output ( you can plug the usb cigarette plug of the dashcam) but this way the automatic parking mode doesn't work because there's only 2 wires (+ from Neo and ground and not ACC from car battery)
and another with spliced or unspliced 3-wire output but this cable must have a mini usb plug for the connection with the dashcam ( and a converter on it to transform the 12V into 5V ) but I don't find this anywhere.

Anyone could help me ?

Thanks

Hi,
you need use NEO "spliced or unspliced 3-wire output" cable and connect it to HK3 ACC Hardwire Kit from Viofo that you need to buy. This way parking mode will work.
You need to connect wires in following way:
NEO orange (permanent +12V) to red in HK3
NEO red (after ignition +12V) to orange in HK3
NEO black to black in HK3

NEO 6 need to be connected to car +12V after ignition not on permanent basis.

Hi,
thanks triodak. I find this solution too but there's maybe a problem with it.
On the Viofo kit, you can select the minimum voltage before the power is switched off to protect the car battery. it goes from 11.8V to 12.4V

It means that if the Viofo kit is connected to the Neo output and you select 11.8V (lowest), the Neo output voltage should not go lower than 11.8V otherwise the power will be turned off.
So I try to get informations about the Neo battery discharge curve. I hope the voltage is always higher than 11.8V during discharge. It must be depending on the temperature too.

I think this solution is risky but I think I will take the risk

I think the Neo uses a 'boost converter' on the output, so the voltage will remain stable until the battery is completely drained and it just stops suddenly. I might be wrong about it having this converter but it certainly should.

Phil

Hello Phil,
yes the voltage will be stable during discharge. you have a little loss at the beginning and a plateau before it stops quickly. The problem is what the voltage value of this plateau will be (specially during winter)
If more than 11.8V it will be ok. If not....it's a 230€ mistake
Or I have to find a kit as Viofo without the low-voltage cut-off system.

An american well-known site sells a special cable to plug Neo 6 in Viofo dashcam but shipping taxes should be huge. I can't find it in Europe

LiFePO4-vs-Lead-Acid-Discharge-Curve-FR-400x240.png

The chart is correct regards the batteries alone, but what I speak of is a circuit which brings up lower voltage levels to a higher one, thus we call them "boost" converters here since they boost lower voltage into a higher one. The upside is that this allows longer runtimes at a given voltage; the downside is that there is a loss of efficiency and it can be electrically 'noisy' so it doesn't work well with every type of load. It also needs the battery to have more amperage available than the load uses, where in a direct hook-up you only need enough amperage capacity to meet the load. It is of great benefit when using lead-acid batteries, less so with Lithium which has a much flatter voltage drop in use.

Again I am not certain if the Neo uses this kind of circuit- maybe someone else here knows.

Phil

Hi,
you need use NEO "spliced or unspliced 3-wire output" cable and connect it to HK3 ACC Hardwire Kit from Viofo that you need to buy. This way parking mode will work.
You need to connect wires in following way:
NEO orange (permanent +12V) to red in HK3
NEO red (after ignition +12V) to orange in HK3
NEO black to black in HK3

NEO 6 need to be connected to car +12V after ignition not on permanent basis.
Hey

I found the old thread now.
Can you help me with "connecting" these wires.

I don't understand how to "connect" these wires.
Do I connect the copper and tape them off?

Attachments

• 20201213_135735.jpg
    20201213_135735.jpg
    678.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201213_135703.jpg
    20201213_135703.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201213_135647.jpg
    20201213_135647.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201213_135745.jpg
    20201213_135745.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 18
Do I connect the copper and tape them off?
Short answer: yes

Anyway solder wires and use heat shrink tube. Loose connection is not a thing you want in a car. At 1A it is not easy to make fire but reducing the risk is important factor.

Hi,
I want to plug the V3 with the Cellink Neo 6 battery but I don't find the right hardwire kit to do it (the hardwire between Neo 6 output and Viofo mini usb power in)

I saw two kinds of kit sold with Neo 6 on the net. one with a female cigarette plug output ( you can plug the usb cigarette plug of the dashcam) but this way the automatic parking mode doesn't work because there's only 2 wires (+ from Neo and ground and not ACC from car battery)
and another with spliced or unspliced 3-wire output but this cable must have a mini usb plug for the connection with the dashcam ( and a converter on it to transform the 12V into 5V ) but I don't find this anywhere.

Anyone could help me ?

Thanks

For Viofo Original A139 HK3-C Car Camera ACC Hardwire Kit Cable 3 Wire For Parking Mode optional Mini/Micro2/ATC/ATS Fuse Tap​

Link is here:​

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...62245183-08453-UneMJZVf&device=c&gclsrc=aw.ds

Or here:​

https://www.viofo.com/en/accessorie...h-dash-camera.html#/38-fuse_type-not_included

CELLINK HPC3 3 Wire Hardwire Power Cable For NEO 6 & NEO 9 Batteries the Link is​

here:​

https://www.incarmusic.co.uk/cellink-hpc3-3-wire-hardwire-power-cable-for-neo-6-neo-9-batteries.html

All you have to do is connecting them together and you have it

Back