VIOFO vs. Spy Tec

DashCamMk2.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between VIOFO (From @GearBest), and Spy Tec (by @spytec of course...)?

I have my A118C from GearBest and it's great. I'm after another for a friend.

My only thinking is GearBest will ship from China or Europe, whereas SpyTec are selling on Amazon UK, so in terms of returning if there are any issues, it'd be easier to send to Amazon, but are the products the same??

(Prices are exactly the same, so I'm not trying to scrimp to get the 'cheapest'.

Thanks!

If it's 'Fulfilled by Amazon', then buy from Amazon.

+1

You would hope that returns will never be necessary but it's a lot easier if they are.

i got my original a118 from spytec (though it was via their ebay store), and my a118c from gearbest. no problems with either one. the only difference you might see is that the "viofo" one will have a different bootup splash screen than the spytec one, but that's purely cosmetic and doesn't affect actual operation.

If they are the same units there is no practical difference till you need the warranty or tech support- and then you will want SpyTec for their superior service.

Phil

Thanks Everyone... Amazon it is. It's fulfilled by them and sold by spytec.

:)

I just bought a SPYTECT A119, it has firmware ver. 2.02 so it boots with Viofo logo on the screen. The big different is there's NO LED in this unit, the Viofo has a Green LED for the power button and a Red LED for the Rec button. When my Spytect power up it has not LED, so when it goes to screensaver mode you don't know if the camera is ON or OFF.

After a few weeks using my new A119 I finally figure out why I can't see my LED, it's very dim. I can only see it when it's at night in a very dark road. The youtube video shows it much brighter than mine. Oh well, it doesn't bothers me that much as long as the camera is doing its job. Very happy so far, the only thing I wish is it boots quicker when power is On. Right now it takes a good 4-5sec for the screen to come ON.

After a few weeks using my new A119 I finally figure out why I can't see my LED, it's very dim. I can only see it when it's at night in a very dark road. The youtube video shows it much brighter than mine. Oh well, it doesn't bothers me that much as long as the camera is doing its job. Very happy so far, the only thing I wish is it boots quicker when power is On. Right now it takes a good 4-5sec for the screen to come ON.
I have noticed on some A119/A119S cameras that there is a little foam pad inside that blocks some of the LED. I think the foam pad is to prevent any button rattle. If your so inclined, you can open it up and remove it. I've done it on a few.

Back