Viofo VS1 Dash Camera review, do we even need a screen? (+ Vantrue S1 Pro shoot-out!)

Here's some footage from the Viofo VS1 after the latest V1.0_240307 firmware that was released publicly a few days ago.
Still a bit more sharpening than necessary, but I don't think less is going to improve readability of plates.
You need a CPL filter! All those reflections are wasting some of the bitrate.

Still a bit more sharpening than necessary, but I don't think less is going to improve readability of plates.
You need a CPL filter! All those reflections are wasting some of the bitrate.
don't think the official CPL filter is out yet but definitely will help for sure with reflections (that I can't do anything about til that solution arrives)

A little late to the party, but have posted some performance samples of the official Viofo CPL filter (CPL-400) that has recently been released for the VS1. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

Night:

Day:

Thanks @viofo and @VIOFO-Support for another firmware update for this fantastic dashcam, and adding support for the new Viofo BTR200 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control :)

Viofo VS1 Firmware Update
  • Release date: 2024-06-18
  • Version: V1.1_240618
  • File size: 57.11M

Changelog:
  • IQ optimised
  • Increase the G-sensor sensitivity on the High option
  • Fix other bugs
  • Added 21:9 resolution recording
  • Add support for Viofo BTR200 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control

Last edited:
Noticed some changes with the new V1.1 firmware, shown below. The 21:9 resolution was 2560x1080, down from the usual 16:9 2560x1440.

Also added is support for the Viofo BTR200 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control, and the new functions it enables.

1000004106.jpg

Have some samples here of the Viofo VS1 with the v1.1 firmware released publicly earlier in the week. This new firmware enables Viofo BTR200 Wireless Bluetooth Remote Control support, along with a new 21:9 2K resolution recording option. Bitrate for both day and night has remained the same. @viofo @VIOFO-Support

Night:

Day:

Last edited:
Back