sone983

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Yi dashcam,VIOFO WR 1
First of all to say THANKS to Bill @viofo who provide me a free sample of WR 1 for reviewing and testing purposes and @kamkar1 who help me with some advices how to make one of my first review-unboxing videos.
Enjoy the video..
Forgot to say this video was recorded with Yi dash cam @1080P 30fps,video was edited in VideoPad Editor

Pretty cool :)

@Dashmellow and @Gabacho ,thank you guys,glad you like the video.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Some pictures of Viofo WR 1
3e78efcf3dea04b60387525c01d1f935.jpg
fc4fcbb2efe433e9172dc5025fa6a238.jpg
7f82eaa3300dcdf7d410ca88e736940c.jpg
fd55835c416994deebf9b10694edbeb7.jpg
d84865a937cfb88323526ee04c0fa3ef.jpg
f9023d7aa644feabf078ee5a2e61a25a.jpg

I was wondering where Viofo hid a reset hole and when i dismount the 3M tape mount there it is...
9e7e356d3b164bc6e3ff671eb6a99a8a.jpg

Some pictures of users manual instruction...as you can see its all well and simply explained...
c60ec9bb1991501d6f083654b7663582.jpg
a67f6149da9290c135e2d4a6433dfec8.jpg
408afed734e3e369ef4e32d48b2b3189.jpg
342d63dba4bd8a3ec4a466d6d6e364a2.jpg
66b1f38bfb6bb7e4ce4aec61a815cb1f.jpg
5f1d6d0466f7b3a7657c37430697a6b5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @sone983. Your posts have been very helpful in making a decision about whether to purchase one of these or not.
You are welcome, I hope you share your decision with the rest of us,when time comes.[emoji6]

You are welcome, I hope you share your decision with the rest of us,when time comes.[emoji6]

I've been considering this camera as a replacement for the rear facing Mobius I use now, partly because I know where to buy one at a very attractive price. Thanks to your very helpful video and photos I'm not so sure at this point. Even though it is small, it is much bigger and beefier than I expected (compared to my Mobius) and the mount is a style I am not a fan of. If it had to be a "lollipop" mount that hangs down like that I would have much preferred that Viofo had used a standard 1/4-20 tripod thread mount which would allow for much more flexibility and stealthiness in how it gets mounted. I was thinking the camera could easily be modified to accept a tripod mount but with the reset button inside the mount and what appears to be a kind of "retaining clip" inside the mounting slot that doesn't look so feasible.

I think it is an interesting camera. I like that it has WiFi but not many other unnecessary bells and whistles. Viofo seems to be trying to provide a small, straightforward, discreet dash cam product and this is something we don't see so often. I don't know, I'll have to see. Tomorrow I should receive a phone call confirming (or not) the ridiculously cheap price I found on this unit from a very reputable vendor I've been doing business with for a long time. Either way, your posts gave me exactly the information I needed. Thanks again!

I've been considering this camera as a replacement for the rear facing Mobius I use now, partly because I know where to buy one at a very attractive price. Thanks to your very helpful video and photos I'm not so sure at this point. Even though it is small, it is much bigger and beefier than I expected (compared to my Mobius) and the mount is a style I am not a fan of. If it had to be a "lollipop" mount that hangs down like that I would have much preferred that Viofo had used a standard 1/4-20 tripod thread mount which would allow for much more flexibility and stealthiness in how it gets mounted. I was thinking the camera could easily be modified to accept a tripod mount but with the reset button inside the mount and what appears to be a kind of "retaining clip" inside the mounting slot that doesn't look so feasible.

I think it is an interesting camera. I like that it has WiFi but not many other unnecessary bells and whistles. Viofo seems to be trying to provide a small, straightforward, discreet dash cam product and this is something we don't see so often. I don't know, I'll have to see. Tomorrow I should receive a phone call confirming (or not) the ridiculously cheap price I found on this unit from a very reputable vendor I've been doing business with for a long time. Either way, your posts gave me exactly the information I needed. Thanks again!
Your welcome, again and thank you for watching my videos and pictures of WR 1. Soon I will start to use WR 1 in a car and make some more videos recorded with WR 1, maybe video quality can make you decide to buy it or not, also maybe you think of some other mounting solution for WR 1 that suits your needs.I regret I cant make a comparison videos between Mobius and WR 1 ,only between Yi and WR 1, because they are two dashcams that I own right now. Anyway, thank you and all of DCT member for helping me and all the others who needed any help or the ones who just read your posts/threads and can learned a lot about various things regarding dashcams.I am glad that I helped you in any way to make your decision, because that is what you guys doing to other people here and me also.

Some pics of how i mount WR 1.
393be4176590c5af54276e054f784932.jpg
6dcc32ee8a30b676b94cea6b3288f6ca.jpg
5ff999fcc4b243a4012b7abe8f3e5d9b.jpg

Would you do a side by side compasion between yi and WR1 ?
Yes I would as soon as find out how to make that in one of video editor I have.

Last edited:
After just one day of using WR 1 in the car I drive on my job,have to say I am impressed and satisfied with the shape of it and how it fits in the car. Video quality is great, like you can change exposure in settings and improve quality of videos even more. Didnt try the motion detection feature yet.
Two things I dont like about WR 1 is a lack of some sort of emergency record button ( didnt try the G-sensor,didnt notice any any videos marked as emergency ones ). Also i have a problem with both apps for Android ( Viofo and FN Cam ), they keep crashing all the time and you have to stop record to enter settings and when you enter settings you better start recording or cant exit the app properly,but I look forward to people from Viofo handle this recently.

Back