Viofo WR1 Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Blackboxmycar.com sent me the WR1 from Viofo for review. I was pretty excited to see a new cam from them since I do love the A119/S. This one might not appeal to everyone as much as the A119 though. It has "bell" style mount, includes both an adhesive mount and suction cup mount.

It is really small though, and has no screen, instead it uses wifi (which is always on) and a smart phone app.

Its been around for awhile though so I am sure many people here know much about it, here is my video review:

will you able to do side to side with a118c that I think also has the same sensor ?
how much vibration comes from that mount vs a119?
do you think that optics in WR1 cause limiting clarity? as another cams with the same sensor show better details - IMHO

I like the review,great job,from first look I can see you have expirience in reviews. Only thing I noticed and which is odd to me is focus on a 1440P resolution. IMHO, it would be better to compare WR 1 with a dashcam with same resolution,maybe that would be best choice ( it would be more interesting for me anyway ), only reason which I can think of is that A119 and WR 1 are from the same brand and thats all this two dashcams share ( maybe I am wrong ).

I like the review,great job,from first look I can see you have expirience in reviews. Only thing I noticed and which is odd to me is focus on a 1440P resolution. IMHO, it would be better to compare WR 1 with a dashcam with same resolution,maybe that would be best choice ( it would be more interesting for me anyway ), only reason which I can think of is that A119 and WR 1 are from the same brand and thats all this two dashcams share ( maybe I am wrong ).
I like to compare to popular cams so the a119 seemed the most obvious since it's such a huge seller. I typically consider price range as the most important factor when comparing cams in terms of what I feel consumers are looking for. But then 2 channel and automatic parking mode cams like blackvue or thinkware I put in their own category.

I like to compare to popular cams so the a119 seemed the most obvious since it's such a huge seller. I typically consider price range as the most important factor when comparing cams in terms of what I feel consumers are looking for. But then 2 channel and automatic parking mode cams like blackvue or thinkware I put in their own category.
OK,thank you for your answer-explanation, I was just curious. We are all different and thinking differently. I guess when you compared WR 1 with A119 ( which is a huge seller ), you predict that WR 1 is also going to sell that good or nearly good as A119? Maybe you are correct about that,shape of WR 1 is small and discreet,maybe not so much as A119 but barely noticeable compared to other shape dashcams.
Hope you will keep up the good work reviews in the future,because there are many things that I can learn from you.:):cool:

Back