VIOFO's A119S

I have had trouble with the partial screen corruption on V2.4 and the changelog suggests it fixes this but didn't with my A119s. Flashed it again cleared to defaults and fingers crossed it's been ok for last week.

I have had trouble with the partial screen corruption on V2.4 and the changelog suggests it fixes this but didn't with my A119s. Flashed it again cleared to defaults and fingers crossed it's been ok for last week.
Yes I just had the same issue with my A119s running fw v2.4. Reapplied the fw and defaulted settings on the weekend and has been fine since. Now if the focus wasn't so bad in warm weather I would be happy with this dashcam.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

My problem with the A119S is that the GPS when set in settings works for a few days then my speed is not being recorded as the GPS setting goes to off but you gave me an idea I think I will do the firmware again

Have you installed the thin foam pad to the camera as if not the camera moves about a little on the mount especially with a diesel car.

Have you installed the thin foam pad to the camera as if not the camera moves about a little on the mount especially with a diesel car.
You think that it may be the problem? I am not sure about that cus my cam is pretty tight on the GPS module but ill try your advice thanks

Hi guys,
I don't want to start a new topic, but I did not identified another one related with my issues so I will post here.
Many thanks in advance for your patience.
--------------------------
I purchased in this March an A119s v2 camera with a GPS module included.
From the beginning I noticed that every time last file was corrupted even if the REC led does not stop instantly.
I replaced capacitors with 5F/2.7V, I placed capacitors outside from the camera case, after that almost all last files were saved correctly. But are still some videos which are not properly saved during the trip (drive) even if I applied the foam pad and the camera is properly connected with the GPS stand.
Now, during hot summer days, I noticed that the camera doesn't start when I start the engine. If I put the camera over an air vent deflector and the camera is cooled down is starting Ok.
Also everytime when the camera is starting the date is wrong, 2016/01/01, the settings are preserved, not lost. I blame the RTC battery for that.
-----------------------
I use a Samsung 64GB C10 U3 SD Card
I applied the latest firmware and I reseted to default settings after.
The camera is powered from supplied cigarette USB charger, the 12V connection is from the fuse box (accessories fuse) trough a 12V plug, the whole cable and connectors are hidden beneath the dashboard.
-----------------------
In the end I'm asking myself and I asking you is my camera a defective one?
Because don't matter what I try to fix there are still corrupted files.
Do you let your camera permanently on the windshield during the day and is starting properly?

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_202431.jpg
    IMG_20180527_202431.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20180527_202416.jpg
    IMG_20180527_202416.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20180527_202440.jpg
    IMG_20180527_202440.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20180610_164209.jpg
    IMG_20180610_164209.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20180610_165150.jpg
    IMG_20180610_165150.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20180610_164333.jpg
    IMG_20180610_164333.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20180610_164310.jpg
    IMG_20180610_164310.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20180610_164812.jpg
    IMG_20180610_164812.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20180610_165124.jpg
    IMG_20180610_165124.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20180617_142911-min.jpg
    IMG_20180617_142911-min.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 43
Meanwhile I bought another A119S camera, this one doesn't have issues with last movie file and with preserving date and time.
I don't know how is behaving in hot days because the weather is like on the autumn :)
Anyway my conclusion is that the previous camera was defective.

I've removed the A119S from my car and would like to give it away.

Asked my friends multiple times but none of them see any value in installing one in their cars. Offered to install it and run them through the basics but still nothing.

So to keep things simple and this way we can still keep getting updates, @Ravi_M I believe you're running just the GC in the front and no rear camera. If so, would you like the A119S for the rear? If it helps will also send the mount with the wedge+magnet attached.

Last edited:
Yes, I would love to have a camera for rear. So nice of you to ask me! I guess, I would need to buy a splitter for cigarette lighter point to power two cameras through USB!
By the way, what is the reason for removing it? I have the impression that more users are buying A119 than GC, while both are wedge shaped. I also remember that A119S is different from A119. What si the difference?

How can I send you PM?

By the way, what is the reason for removing it?

I think it's just because he has multiple cameras, some are supplied for review at no charge so he is passing on some goodwill to others, just being a nice guy :)

to send a PM click the users name and select Start conversation

Yes, I would love to have a camera for rear. So nice of you to ask me! I guess, I would need to buy a splitter for cigarette lighter point to power two cameras through USB!
By the way, what is the reason for removing it? I have the impression that more users are buying A119 than GC, while both are wedge shaped. I also remember that A119S is different from A119. What si the difference?

How can I send you PM?

As jokiin mentioned, too many cameras and not enough mounting space. Even if there was space, don't need so many...

A119S (2MP) like the GC is better in low-light, A119 does 1440p and looks better during the day.

Since mid August 2017 the Firmware has gone from versions 1.7 to 2.6.
Has there been any revisions to any of the hardware components since then?

Since mid August 2017 the Firmware has gone from versions 1.7 to 2.6.
Has there been any revisions to any of the hardware components since then?

As far as I know the lens and lens holder were changed.
The lens holder was made of metal and plastic, not sure which one is the latest.
The lens was changed, in the latest releases they provide the same lens for A129 and A119S, with more visible fish eye effect and vignetting when using CPL.
Not sure if other changes were made.

As far as I know the lens and lens holder were changed.
The lens holder was made of metal and plastic, not sure which one is the latest.
The lens was changed, in the latest releases they provide the same lens for A129 and A119S, with more visible fish eye effect and vignetting when using CPL.
Not sure if other changes were made.

I received my VIOFO A119S, V2, 7G F1.6 Lens (uncoated with plastic base)
Sony Exmor IMX291 Sensor Aug, 2017 and it performs as advertised.
As of July 2018 it would appear there is no change.
I was wondering if they had made any changes or improvements to the micro sd card slot, mount and camera contacts, ribbons or the lens.
I almost messed up my micro sd card slot when I got it by trying to push it in too far, it's still ok and works fine.
I notice my micro sd card supplier, Kingston, has come out with a new card so I ordered it from BB last night, I should have it Mon or Tue.

Is there a way to physically/visually tell the difference between V1/2/3 of the lenses used in the A119S?

I got two SpyTec A119S's from amazon last week. I'm thinking of picking up a CPL filter, but I hear there are issues with the filter and the newest lens used in the A119S.

Is there a way to physically/visually tell the difference between V1/2/3 of the lenses used in the A119S?

I got two SpyTec A119S's from amazon last week. I'm thinking of picking up a CPL filter, but I hear there are issues with the filter and the newest lens used in the A119S.

Yes, share a pic.

Both of my cameras have this same lens, so I just took pictures of one of them.
A119S-1.jpg
A119S-2.jpg

Well I decided to open one of the cameras up and was following some of the tips from BC Hobbyist's video and I noticed some internal differences.

First I had to detach the speaker as that white tab was pointing down and the wires were coming out of the top and under the capacitors and camera ribbon. So I flipped it and cleaned up the wiring.

Second, my capacitors appear to be different. Mine are brown and not green. They say Cap Hy 2.7V 3.3F, whereas the green ones say Nano Force F9A. Not sure if there is a difference between the two.

Third, the camera module ribbon has been taped into a single strip. I guess for extra protection from heat and getting caught on anything?

A119S-3.jpg

Edit: Thanks Harsh. I guess I should hold off on buying the CPL filters until an updated one is released for the V3 A119S? Or would the A129 CPL filter work?

Back