VIOFO's A129 Duo

persmash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Yes, but why would you want to?
Connect both the red and yellow wires to the ignition live.
I want to activate parking mode when I parked outside. I need it to be controllable by firmware. If I connect yellow wire to the ingition live, than I never can use parking mode which is not I wanted.
Thanks.

Betamax_man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to activate parking mode when I parked outside. I need it to be controllable by firmware. If I connect yellow wire to the ingition live, than I never can use parking mode which is not I wanted.
Thanks.
Unfortunately that won't happen. The only other solution would be to fit a two way switch to manually switch between ignition live and permanent live. That way you would still have recording capability when driving if you forgot to flick the switch.

persmash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Unfortunately that won't happen. The only other solution would be to fit a two way switch to manually switch between ignition live and permanent live. That way you would still have recording capability when driving if you forgot to flick the switch.
Are you sure about that? I've just realized that even I set Parking mode Off from the app itself, the camera menu shows as "motion detection". Now I've disabled it from the camera itself and tomorrow I'll test it. Today is late in here and I got tired.

By the way, I've just a quick question about white noise. I've removed the cam and bring it to my home. Than I've connected it to the computer, it started recording too, but there is no white noise. But when I put it to the car, there is very bad noise. I'll try to get power from the 12V Charger of the car and see the result tomorrow. If there is no sound, so there is an issue 3-wire hardware kit.

Betamax_man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure about that? I've just realized that even I set Parking mode Off from the app itself, the camera menu shows as "motion detection". Now I've disabled it from the camera itself and tomorrow I'll test it. Today is late in here and I got tired.

By the way, I've just a quick question about white noise. I've removed the cam and bring it to my home. Than I've connected it to the computer, it started recording too, but there is no white noise. But when I put it to the car, there is very bad noise. I'll try to get power from the 12V Charger of the car and see the result tomorrow. If there is no sound, so there is an issue 3-wire hardware kit.
Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.
If you've disabled parking mode on the camera then it is disabled whenever the car is switched off, so not automatic. That is assuming that it isn't faulty. You would still need to switch it back on again via the menus to record outside.

persmash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.
If you've disabled parking mode on the camera then it is disabled whenever the car is switched off, so not automatic. That is assuming that it isn't faulty. You would still need to switch it back on again via the menus to record outside.
Agree with you. Just to note that parking mode seems disabled on android app but when I check it via camera menu it is not. So I've disabled it from the camera and will test tomorrow.
Thanks.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lots
Is there any way to completely disable recording when the ignition is off with 3 wire kit installation. I have disabled parking mode but when I stop the car, the camera seems running with motion detecting icon on top left side.
After stopping the car, if you push and hold the menu button I believe it should act as a power button and turn off the A129. I don't have a hardwire kit so I can't verify that this will work.

mellda

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
After stopping the car, if you push and hold the menu button I believe it should act as a power button and turn off the A129. I don't have a hardwire kit so I can't verify that this will work.
It works as you described. I use it in this way every day. When I turn the car off, the parking mode is activated couple of seconds later. Then I long press the left button for a while and the camera is switched off. Next time when I start the car, the camera is started automatically. That's great. I use the 3-wire hardwire kit.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lots
It works as you described. I use it in this way every day. When I turn the car off, the parking mode is activated couple of seconds later. Then I long press the left button for a while and the camera is switched off. Next time when I start the car, the camera is started automatically. That's great. I use the 3-wire hardwire kit.
Thanks for confirming that this works with the hardwire kit.

Betamax_man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Inconvenient if the camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
Lukas LK-7500G / Innovv C3 / mobius / G1W / SG9665GC & more
Only downside i can see from that is you cant easy visually keep taps on it, but with modern cameras you don't have to do that as they will alert you with audio.
I can see my cameras above my mirror as i am tall, and the layout on my windscreen allowing for the cameras to go where they go on my car.

persmash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It is so strange that even I disable Parking Mode from the Camera menu, it continues to record in parking mode even ignition is off. So we can say that firmware doesn't control the Battery cable in 3-wire kit. If It gets electricity from that cable, it starts recording. Sounds very strange. I think there is a firmware issue or we set up something wrong.

Edit: I've one more question. Is there anyone who is being disturbed by the white noise of the camera too? I've checked sample videos at this topic and there is very clear white noise with them too. Or does this only affect me :)

Last edited:

mellda

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Inconvenient if the camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror.
You can disable the parking mode permanently via camera/smartphone menu. If you want to decide ad hoc when to disable the parking mode and when not, you can disable it via smartphone and then turn the car off. There is no menu item in smartphone allowing you to switch the cam off.

It is so strange that even I disable Parking Mode from the Camera menu, it continues to record in parking mode even ignition is off. So we can say that firmware doesn't control the Battery cable in 3-wire kit. If It gets electricity from that cable, it starts recording. Sounds very strange. I think there is a firmware issue or we set up something wrong.

Edit: I've one more question. Is there anyone who is being disturbed by the white noise of the camera too? I've checked sample videos at this topic and there is very clear white noise with them too. Or does this only affect me :)
The camera probably does not recognized the parking mode. There are two ways to activate the parking mode:
  • there is not detected any movements by GPS
  • the hardwire kit sends to the camera the signal that the ACC voltage is off
If you want to use the second option, you must connect the usb cable to the camera USB port and not the GPS/mount USB port. Is that your issue?

Betamax_man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because if I were to do it I would have to move the mirror every time. The only convenient place to put the camera on the Ioniq is to the right of the mirror. On a right-hand drive car (correct side ) the mirror is almost touching the camera. With it place there though it complies with current UK regulations, whilst still being in the swept area of the wipers.

persmash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
You can disable the parking mode permanently via camera/smartphone menu. If you want to decide ad hoc when to disable the parking mode and when not, you can disable it via smartphone and then turn the car off. There is no menu item in smartphone allowing you to switch the cam off.

The camera probably does not recognized the parking mode. There are two ways to activate the parking mode:
  • there is not detected any movements by GPS
  • the hardwire kit sends to the camera the signal that the ACC voltage is off
If you want to use the second option, you must connect the usb cable to the camera USB port and not the GPS/mount USB port. Is that your issue?
It is connected to the camera from the right side not to gps. And I'm saying that I want to disable/enable park mode via the app. Once I need it I will activate and power off the car. I am using 3 wire kit. I think this should work in that way. But from above answers by folks, it sounds so strange. I dont have too much time for now but I'll test it deeply.

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, 0906, A129, B1W
Because if I were to do it I would have to move the mirror every time. The only convenient place to put the camera on the Ioniq is to the right of the mirror. On a right-hand drive car (correct side ) the mirror is almost touching the camera. With it place there though it complies with current UK regulations, whilst still being in the swept area of the wipers.
What is the problem with moving the mirror? My mirror is designed to move!