VIOFO's A129 Duo

Hey as a result of this event, one of the features I’d request (or love to know if it’s part of existing functionality) is to encrypt or otherwise password protect the folder or files on the MicroSD card. One of the more creepy thoughts we’ve had is that the thief now has a record of our patters, such as where we drive to when we leave to work and get home etc. the piece of mind knowing it was at least password protected would go a long way!
If your dash cam isn't encrypting, I sure hope you never discuss any account numbers, ATM card pin numbers, passwords, social numbers or personal information in your car. Because whoever is criminal enough to break and steal your camera, now has a copy of every conversation you've had in your vehicle!

Also, this criminal who had so little respect for the law to steal your camera, now knows where you live, work, go to the gym, where your family lives, where your mistress lives. any place you've been, possibly with GPS coordinates.

Unencrypted dash-cams are a HORRIFIC liability!

Reactions: LMN
If your dash cam isn't encrypting, I sure hope you never discuss any account numbers, ATM card pin numbers, passwords, social numbers or personal information in your car. Because whoever is criminal enough to break and steal your camera, now has a copy of every conversation you've had in your vehicle!

Also, this criminal who had so little respect for the law to steal your camera, now knows where you live, work, go to the gym, where your family lives, where your mistress lives. any place you've been, possibly with GPS coordinates.

Yikes! Great point!

I think you need to copy the Germans and have your loop recording set to only 3 minutes long, after which the video, audio and GPS data is deleted irretrievably.

You should never speak your ATM card pin numbers anyway!

As for the passwords, use your phones face recognition instead. So far our dashcams do not have 3D cabin cameras, so your face can't be replicated from the recorded video adequately to break through face recognition... probably :unsure:

Back