VIOFO's A129 Duo

I already found your unboxing video, the guy here that got his lukas stolen i have recommended to get a A 129

@Harsh you have been very busy!

Thanks for assembling such a broad range of location and lighting in your sample videos, as usual.

great review, thinking about getting this model as an upgrade to the A119. anyone think its worth it? you go down in resolution but perhaps up in night-time video quality?

Someone has told me that the rear camera is the same as supplied with the Aukey DR02 ?

@Harsh @Nigel any thoughts?

Someone has told me that the rear camera is the same as supplied with the Aukey DR02 ?

To be the same, all its components would need to be the same, not just the plastic case. You can't always tell just by looking at something.
Even if it was identical, the recording quality also depends on how the front unit processes the video so the result is very unlikely to be the same.

great review, thinking about getting this model as an upgrade to the A119. anyone think its worth it? you go down in resolution but perhaps up in night-time video quality?

If you are looking for the convenience of a dual-channel, I'd say go for it. If just video quality, the A119 isn't as good as the A119S and the A129 at night but IMO it's still pretty good.

The hardware is totally different.

The A129 Duo is the first camera which use Sony IMX291 for rear camera.

Thanks @viofo

Can you message me about the CPL & button status and any firmware?

Paul.

Will the new hardwire kit add additional features to parking mode or is it solely so the car knows to instantly go into parking mode rather than relying on the motion sensor?

With the new hardwire kit, the camera must only be powered through the camera's USB port or can be made also through the GPS support, to take advantage of the parking guard function?

With the new hardwire kit, the camera must only be powered through the camera's USB port or can be made also through the GPS support, to take advantage of the parking guard function?
Can only power from side USB port, not support from USB port on GPS mount.

Will the new hardwire kit add additional features to parking mode or is it solely so the car knows to instantly go into parking mode rather than relying on the motion sensor?
Not relying on the motion sensor, detect by ACC signal.

Not relying on the motion sensor, detect by ACC signal.
Thanks, that will save me some money as the motion sensor appears to work flawlessly on the A129 so far.

Any chance they will fix the delay from going from fps recording to full recording when the unit senses an impact in parking mode. Currently there is 4 - 5 second delay between fps recording and full recording where footage is not recorded.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nice.
BUT !
Strange it cant steam a recorded file without buffering like that, also as you say 2:15 to DL a 3:00 file to phone, thats slower than i would expect on 5 ghz

Nice work. Only slightly disappointing thing for me, is that the camera design doesn't give you the option of suction mount or adhesive mount.

However, very impressive results once more from the IMX291.

I did an unboxing but was unable to do an incar review because of suction mount issue. Maybe if the come up with one, I'll add some Uk test footage / shots.

Back