VIOFO's A129 Duo

Nice.
BUT !
Strange it cant steam a recorded file without buffering like that, also as you say 2:15 to DL a 3:00 file to phone, thats slower than i would expect on 5 ghz
Mine doesn't do the buffering delay, but I have a different mobile device.

Downloading files while recording is a little slow, but it wasn't recording in the video!

Not relying on the motion sensor, detect by ACC signal.
So how does this affect the way Parking Mode works in general?
1. I presume this means that the new hardwire parking cable option has an two power wires, one from ACC (accessory) that's only on when the ignition is on, and one from an always powered source. Then if Parking Mode is enabled, the camera senses when the ignition (hence ACC) is turned off and subsequently (maybe after a delay to allow people to exit the vehicle) the firmware forces the camera to go to Standby Mode or Time-lapse recording (if motion in the field of view is sensed). Is this correct?
2. Is Parking Mode operation thereafter the same as the A119 and A119S or does the ACC wire continue to play some active role? If the latter, what role?
3. I presume that if the new hardwire parking cable is not used, Parking mode just operates the same as the A119S. Correct?

(y) to @Harsh for the review earlier in this thread. Very Nice. :cool:

I think you will get exactly the same features as the A119 parking mode except now it will instantly go to parking mode when ignition is switched off and full recording once the vehicle is switched on.

I was hoping they would add a feature that it just stayed in time lapse recording when in parking mode so there no chance of footage being lost which is what happens at present as the motion recording is a little flaky.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The A129 will only support the new hardwire kits as we can not support 2 different parking solution.
The beta firmware is available, if you have A129 and third part hardwire kits, can PM to get the firmware to test, we are not sure if it can be compatible with other hardwire kits.

We will offer some free hardwire kits for DCT member to test first this month.

There are 2 different recording options in parking mode, time-lapse(no audio) or low bitrate recording(with audio).

There are 2 different recording options in parking mode, time-lapse(no audio) or low bitrate recording(with audio).

Will it still change to full motion in the event the vehicle is hit and g-sensor is activated?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

OK, it sounds like the new Parking Mode with the new hardwire option will function considerably different from the A119/A119S Parking Mode, possibly a significant improvement.

The A129 will only support the new hardwire kits as we can not support 2 different parking solution.
The beta firmware is available, if you have A129 and third part hardwire kits, can PM to get the firmware to test, we are not sure if it can be compatible with other hardwire kits.

Just to be clear, does this mean the current motion detected parking mode will no longer work with the new firmware?

Can only power from side USB port, not support from USB port on GPS mount.

hmm. this is somethings abit turn down. i like what im currently using with supply on gps mount. currently im mounted A129 with vico power plus.
does new hardwire kit will auto trigger parking mode once it detecting battery signal and resume back to normal recording once receive ACC signal?

seem like more of less functionality of the new hardwire kits behave like mini0906 dashcam kits.

btw i saw viofo website is selling A129 CPL

Hello guys,

I have compare 3 cameras : Viofo A119S / Gitup GIT1/ Viofo A129 Duo ( only the front unit )

Here are the links for the videos directly from the cameras :

Viofo A119S NO CPL WDR ON - https://fisier.ro/download?f=43392f6e1aa

Viofo A119S NO CPL WDR OFF - https://fisier.ro/download?f=eaf0c2e64d5

Firmware A119S_180115_ V2.4

Resolution : 1920 x 1080P 60 FPS

Loop Recording : 5 minutes

Exposure : +0.0

WDR : ON and OFF

Gitup GIT1 NO CPL WDR ON - https://fisier.ro/download?f=f663c02c61e

Gitup GIT1 NO CPL WDR OFF - https://fisier.ro/download?f=fb9d4f3a8f2

Firmware GIT1_V1.40_MOD3

Resolution : 1920 x 1080P 30 FPS

Sharpness : SOFT

Contrast : NORMAL

Video Bitrate : HIGH

WHITE Balance : AUTO

Color : Normal

Viofo A129 DUO ( front unit only ) NO CPL WDR ON – https://fisier.ro/download?f=dfe1aee0e60

Viofo A129 DUO ( front unit only ) NO CPL WDR OFF – https://fisier.ro/download?f=8ab51c45730

Firmware A129_20180531_ V1.0

Resolution : 1920 x 1080P 60 FPS

Bitrate : HIGH

Enjoy !

For clarification, does this mean the current Parking Mode function (like that of the A119, A119S, and current A129) will no longer be supported by the new firmware that accompanies the new Hardwire kit option when released?

Hi, Will CYA be selling the A129 CPL and the Bluetooth Button and the New Parking mode kit on Amazon at the end of July?
As soon as they are available to me, I will purchase and have them available to my customers. At the moment, it looks like they will all be available around the end of the month. Please contact CYA directly for a more detailed timeline (that I’ve been told).

As soon as they are available to me, I will purchase and have them available to my customers. At the moment, it looks like they will all be available around the end of the month. Please contact CYA directly for a more detailed timeline (that I’ve been told).
thanks, have a nice weekend

I have sent you a PM. Have yet to get a reply.

is the FW 1.11 available to the public? I cant seem to find it on the Viofo website. maybe I am looking in the wrong place
Its still a beta and being distributed by VIOFO via PM. In your situation since you're so new, I would hold off until public release is out before you start tinkering with it.

Any other testers got the latest veta firmware to send me? I'm still testing my review model but haven't had the beta firmware latest from Viofo yet. Can one of you that has the latest contact me via PM please?

Harsh I only have one thing to say to you...Get a retailers license and become a Seller. You are great with your presentations and you would be successful as a Seller because it is so obvious that you enjoy your presentations, which I may add are very professionally done. :):):) GET INTOUCH WITH VIOFO AND SNAG INDIA AS YOUR TERRITORY.

Back