VIOFO's A129 Duo

I was reporting the problem on the Android version. As @Harsh said, the IOS version is working well.
I was just confirming that the feature is in fact working in the app in general, since last I knew, Viofo was still working on it. I don't recall seeing anyone say they have successfully used it.

Just installed the 3-wire hardwire kit today for the a129. Tested it out a bit, very pleased with it so far!

What are the most battery-friendly settings for the parking mode for a car that will usually be in a very busy parking lot 8 hours a day? I don't think I can use motion detection since people/cars are going by constantly.

Just installed the 3-wire hardwire kit today for the a129. Tested it out a bit, very pleased with it so far!

What are the most battery-friendly settings for the parking mode for a car that will usually be in a very busy parking lot 8 hours a day? I don't think I can use motion detection since people/cars are going by constantly.
I recommend using low bitrate recording or time-lapse. I personally went with low bitrate. A 3 minutes clip is about 90 MB for each camera. This would give you about 30 hours on a 128 GB. But best battery friendly setting seems to be time-lapse, according to @AndrewL at Car Cam Central. Check his review:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I recommend using low bitrate recording or time-lapse. I personally went with low bitrate. A 3 minutes clip is about 90 MB for each camera. This would give you about 30 hours on a 128 GB. But best battery friendly setting seems to be time-lapse, according to @AndrewL at Car Cam Central. Check his review:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you for the information!

I wanted to see if I could get a clarification. If you have Parking Mode set to Low Bitrate, is it ALWAYS recording or does it turn on a low bitrate recording only during event detection?

Thank you for the information!

I wanted to see if I could get a clarification. If you have Parking Mode set to Low Bitrate, is it ALWAYS recording or does it turn on a low bitrate recording only during event detection?
Low bitrate will continue to continuously record, and with audio. I've experienced between 7-19 seconds recording gap from normal to parking mode once you've turned off the ignition.

Is there any way to completely disable recording when the ignition is off with 3 wire kit installation. I have disabled parking mode but when I stop the car, the camera seems running with motion detecting icon on top left side.

Is there any way to completely disable recording when the ignition is off with 3 wire kit installation. I have disabled parking mode but when I stop the car, the camera seems running with motion detecting icon on top left side.
Yes, but why would you want to?
Connect both the red and yellow wires to the ignition live.

Yes, but why would you want to?
Connect both the red and yellow wires to the ignition live.

I want to activate parking mode when I parked outside. I need it to be controllable by firmware. If I connect yellow wire to the ingition live, than I never can use parking mode which is not I wanted.
Thanks.

I want to activate parking mode when I parked outside. I need it to be controllable by firmware. If I connect yellow wire to the ingition live, than I never can use parking mode which is not I wanted.
Thanks.
Unfortunately that won't happen. The only other solution would be to fit a two way switch to manually switch between ignition live and permanent live. That way you would still have recording capability when driving if you forgot to flick the switch.

Unfortunately that won't happen. The only other solution would be to fit a two way switch to manually switch between ignition live and permanent live. That way you would still have recording capability when driving if you forgot to flick the switch.

Are you sure about that? I've just realized that even I set Parking mode Off from the app itself, the camera menu shows as "motion detection". Now I've disabled it from the camera itself and tomorrow I'll test it. Today is late in here and I got tired.

By the way, I've just a quick question about white noise. I've removed the cam and bring it to my home. Than I've connected it to the computer, it started recording too, but there is no white noise. But when I put it to the car, there is very bad noise. I'll try to get power from the 12V Charger of the car and see the result tomorrow. If there is no sound, so there is an issue 3-wire hardware kit.

Are you sure about that? I've just realized that even I set Parking mode Off from the app itself, the camera menu shows as "motion detection". Now I've disabled it from the camera itself and tomorrow I'll test it. Today is late in here and I got tired.

By the way, I've just a quick question about white noise. I've removed the cam and bring it to my home. Than I've connected it to the computer, it started recording too, but there is no white noise. But when I put it to the car, there is very bad noise. I'll try to get power from the 12V Charger of the car and see the result tomorrow. If there is no sound, so there is an issue 3-wire hardware kit.
Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.
If you've disabled parking mode on the camera then it is disabled whenever the car is switched off, so not automatic. That is assuming that it isn't faulty. You would still need to switch it back on again via the menus to record outside.

Maybe there is some misunderstanding here.
If you've disabled parking mode on the camera then it is disabled whenever the car is switched off, so not automatic. That is assuming that it isn't faulty. You would still need to switch it back on again via the menus to record outside.

Agree with you. Just to note that parking mode seems disabled on android app but when I check it via camera menu it is not. So I've disabled it from the camera and will test tomorrow.
Thanks.

After stopping the car, if you push and hold the menu button I believe it should act as a power button and turn off the A129. I don't have a hardwire kit so I can't verify that this will work.

After stopping the car, if you push and hold the menu button I believe it should act as a power button and turn off the A129. I don't have a hardwire kit so I can't verify that this will work.
It works as you described. I use it in this way every day. When I turn the car off, the parking mode is activated couple of seconds later. Then I long press the left button for a while and the camera is switched off. Next time when I start the car, the camera is started automatically. That's great. I use the 3-wire hardwire kit.

It works as you described. I use it in this way every day. When I turn the car off, the parking mode is activated couple of seconds later. Then I long press the left button for a while and the camera is switched off. Next time when I start the car, the camera is started automatically. That's great. I use the 3-wire hardwire kit.
Thanks for confirming that this works with the hardwire kit.

Inconvenient if the camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror.

Only downside i can see from that is you cant easy visually keep taps on it, but with modern cameras you don't have to do that as they will alert you with audio.
I can see my cameras above my mirror as i am tall, and the layout on my windscreen allowing for the cameras to go where they go on my car.

It is so strange that even I disable Parking Mode from the Camera menu, it continues to record in parking mode even ignition is off. So we can say that firmware doesn't control the Battery cable in 3-wire kit. If It gets electricity from that cable, it starts recording. Sounds very strange. I think there is a firmware issue or we set up something wrong.

Edit: I've one more question. Is there anyone who is being disturbed by the white noise of the camera too? I've checked sample videos at this topic and there is very clear white noise with them too. Or does this only affect me :)

Last edited:
Back