Voifo A139 Internal Cam Grainy Shadows.

speed_freakz

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi guys can anyone help me with this issue, today I noticed that my videos are very grainy in shadowy areas of the internal camera video. I didn't change any settings, and just 2 days ago everything was fine.
It is not the lack of daylight as I had worse conditions before and the camera recorded much better videos. Any idea?

Attachments

• hrtyjtyj.jpg
    hrtyjtyj.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 28
Have you tried unplugging and re-inserting the cable at both ends?

Phil

Possibly it is because of the speed. The bit rate on the interior camera is relatively low, so movement in the view through the windows can make a significant difference to quality. Not sure that is the cause, but something for you to look at.

Wondering aloud if the "bitrate" setting is for all cams or only the front cam? I've had mine on "maximum" from the beginning. And there does seem to be an issue here as mine has better IQ than this.

It does pay to remember that with all these kind of cams, the interior image isn't intended to be top-performance-level but more secondary to driving protection needs.

Phil

Wondering aloud if the "bitrate" setting is for all cams or only the front cam? I've had mine on "maximum" from the beginning. And there does seem to be an issue here as mine has better IQ than this.

It does pay to remember that with all these kind of cams, the interior image isn't intended to be top-performance-level but more secondary to driving protection needs.

Phil
The bitrate setting affects all cameras, but on all settings the interior is given significantly less than the others because most of the image is stationary so shouldn't need much bitrate, much better to use it for the other cameras which have to record a lot of movement.

Viofo does put a fair amount of effort into getting a very good quality interior image, but when you have limited overall bitrate, the front view tends to get priority. Also, as far as evidence is concerned, there really isn't a problem with the above image.

It seems that the camera either got too hot on a sunny day, or it didn't have enough card space to work with as we write-protected many videos with nice scenery.

Today I cleared the mem card, and plugged it in- seems like its working normally.

Will try to test again on a sunny day to clear the heat issue, and will post back.

Back