Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
Dear DashCamTalk fanatics,
This is Rayman.Chan, the product manager of MEGtech, we ever made wellknown 0801&0803 cameras.
0801 is a great dash camera for the entry level users which bring 1080P video recording and high stability;
0803 is a upgtade version which have higher 1296P performance with LDWS and WDR feature, although, the heating problem made many customers angry and a lot of complaint.
Now, it is the time to move forward; our new camera, mini 0806 (mini 0803 pro) is coming.
MORE POWERFUL, MORE STABILITY, MORE FEATURE, MORE BRILLIANT;
LESS HEATING, LESS INVALID, ,LESS FUSSY, LESS DISAPPOINTING.

3.jpg

we need your authentication, suggestion, and bug reports. You are the fanatic, you are the star.

we need to recruit 15 guys to join our DEBUG team, to audit the 0806 pre-production samples.
to be a team member of the PUBLIC DEBUG team, you must:
1, be patient, be serious-minded, be rigorous, be enthusiastic;
2, have enough time to test, report, discuss and re-test the camera;
3, have the basic technology/structure/hardware/software knowledge in electronic product field;
4, agree the Non-Disclosure Agreement of MEG Sample Test Procedure;
5, you will need to pay $100 deposit by Paypal, for the camera sample and DHL shipping; (deposit will be fullly refund after you report the relevant bugs)

MEG responsibility:
1, organize/manage the DEBUG team and sumbit the bugs;
2, update the hardware and firmware according tester's feedback;

I'm sorry but not all the appliers will be accept as we can only share 15pcs samples to Debuggers.
Anyone want to be a debugger, please send a PM or reply this thread. We will reply you or send you mail ASAP.

Thank you very much.
Rayman @MEGtech

Last edited:
I'd be interested in helping out if I can please :)

1. Reverend

I hope your dog will be ok!

Interesting... come with capacitor?

Since you already asked me in the other thread.. Yeah why not!

I like it to to test, i drive many hours a week

Cancel me, not going to be driving much for a while- Broken 2 bones in my foot again.

I hope your dog will be ok![/QUOTE]
sorry to say my dog is under Canotherine Distemper. He is in a bad situation now. But we are doing our best to save him.
Thank you very much.

5, you will need to pay $100 deposit by Paypal, for the camera and DHL shipping; (the deposit will be re-fund if you are not satisfy with the camera)
Nah I cant afford $100 for a test device..
While I agree with paying for shipping costs I don't agree/understand why to pay money for a device thats in early alpha/beta testing stage.

I have the same opinion Tobias, i will spend my money on a good cam with realible software.

Well, @Rayman.Chan, I do hope your dog is OK.

When I first saw this thread it sounded interesting and rather appealing but that was before you came back and added a cost to the volunteering you seek in your original posting.

So Rayman, you expect us DCT members to pay what is essentially the full retail vendor price - plus shipping, for a pre-production camera with mysterious specifications, unidentified components and unproven video, electronic or mechanical quality and basically no information other than two blurry photos? Then you want we DCT members to commit to legally binding agreements and to spending what would amount to rather large amounts of time engaged in extensive testing, analyzing of videos, preparing and submitting reports, discussions, re-testing and the resubmission of follow-up reports? And if we should finally conclude after all is said and done that the camera is not to our satisfaction we will have to pay out of pocket to ship the camera back to you in China and wait however long it may take for a promised refund?

This does not sound like a very good deal, if you ask me.

Since the current mini 803 model is available for $85.99 with free worldwide shipping from FoxOffer, I think many potential volunteer DCT members who might otherwise be interested in the new mini 806 will logically conclude that it makes much more sense to wait for all the potential hardware and firmware problems to get sorted out and order one when it finally becomes available to the public without spending all that time, money and effort for nothing in return, essentially working for the benefit of your company for free.

You know, thinking this through a bit further, based on the amount you are asking for the test camera it appears that you are adding a hefty retail mark-up onto a device you yourself manufacture, so rather than offering our time and effort for free, we would actually be paying you a profit for the privilege of "volunteering".

Last edited:
I can see this from both sides, how do you determine who is genuine and who just wants something for nothing, a paid beta is not particularly attractive but if you don't know who you're dealing with then it's a way to filter out the freeloaders

What's attractive to end users about the offer, probably not a lot

I send product out to people I work with to get their feedback at no cost but to be fair I don't just give products to random people who put their hands up, I will be expanding the amount of people I do this with for some upcoming products but who I ask has a lot to do with their interactions here, being here more often than Rayman I guess makes it easier to know who is going to be good to work with

I can see this from both sides, how do you determine who is genuine and who just wants something for nothing, a paid beta is not particularly attractive but if you don't know who you're dealing with then it's a way to filter out the freeloaders

What's attractive to end users about the offer, probably not a lot

I send product out to people I work with to get their feedback at no cost but to be fair I don't just give products to random people who put their hands up, I will be expanding the amount of people I do this with for some upcoming products but who I ask has a lot to do with their interactions here, being here more often than Rayman I guess makes it easier to know who is going to be good to work with

Excellent post Jokiin. I've been hoping you might offer a comment in this thread. Frankly speaking, I think there may have been a better way for @Rayman.Chan to have gone about this. Firstly, asking what appears to be full price plus shipping to and fro and the outright purchase of an unknown device and a lot of hard work is asking a lot. Maybe a lesser amount coupled with a firm commitment from the would-be tester might be more workable? Then again, we have other developers, manufacturers and vendors here on DCT who have taken a different approach to this same concept that seems to involve more discretion about who to invite as beta testers and reviewers among our community based on their previous history here and perhaps as well on the manufacturers previous interaction with some of us. I think @RockThinking has set a good example here, as have you.

Its a startling addmission a new camera is being publisised with "less heating, less invalid, less fussy, less disapointing" and begs the question how much less !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 801 and 803 has sold worldwide with no doubt large profits and yet in its new form the 806 you want 15 people to test and pay $100 plus postage which amounts to a paltry $1700 in the overall picture of things ???

I can understand the desire to create publicity for your cameras on a forum that is likely to help sales but to ask people to pay for it ... come off it !

I will offer -- i ll buy a functional sorted 803 off you here and now if you include an 806 for me to report back on for free.

yes I would be willing to test here in Thailand and write detailed report used in a car with lowered firm suspension.I would pay shipping but not the $100.
what is needed desperately is support for 64 or 128gb memory cards.

dear reverend, Keiman, Capi, Tobi@s, Autodelta, Dashmellow, Chode, Pier28, redrevis, jokiin, Marrrio, petepete, garyanderson99,
thank you very much for you quick responding and support.
And I am sorry for making you confuse.

What i said "pay a deposit" means deposit will be fullly refund after you report the relevant bugs. This is to make sure the testers are suitable persons which want to help to improve the camera, but not a guy "want something for nothing", as Jokiin talking.
The deposit will be refund in 5 days after you send/release the test report/video or something by mail, on forum, on youtube, or something else.

The pre-production samples are NOT FOR SELL SELL. in fact the sample cost is much higher than $100, those samples are precious for us. $1500 is not a big amount for us we can afford it, but the thing we can't afford is send test samples with full desire but no feedback come back.
I believe you can understand this.
;)

deposit will be fullly refund after you report the relevant bugs.
The deposit will be refund in 5 days after you send/release the test report/video or something by mail, on forum, on youtube, or something else.

So if I understand this correctly, as long as the tester releases some evidence of testing and reporting of "...relevant bugs.", which can be in any form whether it's video, text, images etc then they will have the $100 refunded 5 days after releasing that evidence.
This is something that should definitely have been included in your original post.
Once the $100 has been refunded, what obligations are there for the tester to continue to test the product with improved firmwares etc as in your original post it does say the tester is required to:
discuss and re-test the camera

What if the camera completely fails? Won't switch on after a firmware update, or stops working due to some other fault. Will another test camera be shipped to them to continue testing? If so will they have to pay delivery charges again?

Back