VOTE! Future of DashCam Solution. 1,2,4ch Discrete / Stealth cameras, Remote lens, "Snowden W007"

Would you like to have similar solution: Discrete / Stealth cameras / Remote lens / 1,2,4 channel ?

• Total voters

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Snowden W007 (1).jpg

Snowden W007 (2).jpg

2ch Discrete / Stealth cameras, Remote lens, "Snowden W007"

Of course name of device reminds "other" famous name we know ;)

This is exactly the 2ch solution what me personally would like to see in my car.

- discrete install of front and rear camera
- main unit ( "brain" ) mounted in hidden place ( glove-box, etc )
- main unit connected to in-car Multimedia ( head-unit ) or smartphone
- operating via remote control or smartphone

Specs:
  • 2 x 720p / 30Fps
  • Allwinner A10 CPU 1.5Ghz / NT99141 ?
  • 64Gb MicroSD
  • Remote Control
  • AV Output
  • MicroUSB conenctors
  • Parking / motion detection / g-force recording
  • 2 cameras, each 120 degree diagonal FOV, 90 degree horizontal
Of course technically ( hardware and specs ) are not what I want and is NOT The Future of DashCams as title say, . Hardware wise I would like to see 2 x 1080p / 30Fps ( or even 2 x 1080p / 60Fps ), WiFi, GSM, GPS, remote file back-up, and so on, but the idea / solution / design, - is what I am pointing out here, - what will be a FUTURE of Dashcam systems for stealth 1,2,4 channel dashcam systems. I am pretty sure about that ! NO MORE BULKY DashCams in future!

I am personally tired of attaching-detaching "10 times per" day my quite good specs dashcam every time I go shopping, or leaving car parked for public view overnight, being afraid of if it get stolen or not.
Of course expencive remote lens / discrete install solution is more likely not for "dashcam beginners", but for those people who already went trough test-and-try experience of 50usd then 100usd then 200usd dashcams and want something more practical which will save their time and nervous, for those who are looking for piece of mind.

Quite fair price for this particular solution / specs. Price in China = 175us.

I am personally ready to pay double of this ( maybe even more ) for modern specs 2 x 1080p / 30Fps with similar solution / design / set-up with good performance.
I am sure there are thousands of people out there who are looking for similar solution and aslo ready to pay higher price.
PLEASE VOTE if you support similar idea or not !? , and also leave a comment.

I am happy to see that some small "no-name" Chinese company realizes a concept of future dashcam solution.
Sad to see that "big-fishes" of DashCam business still don't get it. Hope they will wake up and open their eyes soon and start investing into the future solutions / technology and not competing on the markets / segments where there is mostly "race to the bottom" with thousands of similar design/ shape / solution dashcams.

Snowden W007 (4).jpg

Snowden W007 (5).jpg

Snowden W007 (6).jpg

Snowden W007 (7).jpg

Snowden W007 (8).jpg

Snowden W007 (9).jpg

T2m8fZXslXXXXXXXXX-88623417.jpg

Snowden W007 (10).jpg

Last edited:
this style of camera has been around for a while as rear cameras, the idea is right, just the spec is not where it needs to be, tablet PC solution is not good for this, other models built on these platforms haven't faired too well, a shame they didn't build on a decent platform

this style of camera has been around for a while as rear cameras, the idea is right, just the spec is not where it needs to be, tablet PC solution is not good for this, other models built on these platforms haven't faired too well, a shame they didn't build on a decent platform

Agree, apart from idea of stealth install, - all other aspects ( hardware, platform, specs etc. ) is not for the future, what I have mentioned and need to be worked on.
Also can work on more discrete design of rear and front cameras ( I have few solutions on the paper ).
Most important is the solution of having tiny size ( design ) camera ( 1, or 2 or 4 ch ) and main unit / brain separated. All other options, specs, platform can be developed according to "fantasy" :)

Last edited:
Agree, apart from idea of stealth install, - all other aspects ( hardware, platform, specs etc. ) is not for the future, what I mentioned and need to be worked on.
Also can work on more discrete design of rear and front cameras ( I have few solutions on the paper ).
Most important is the solution of having tiny size ( design ) camera ( 1, or 2 or 4 ch ) and main unit / brain separated. All other options, specs, platform can be developed according to "fantasy", no money spared :)

actually 720p cameras are reasonably small, doing 1080p versions would be bigger than this (based on current tech at least), what looks good on paper size wise can be very hard to achieve, technology changes at a rapid pace though so what's possible today is no indicator of what's around the corner

720p & 1080 p size can be same.
Actually, this camera is too big.
Diameter can be 2cm only.
So no problem in technology, even it is full hd. It is already exsit.

Ok if you have something you can do in 1080p with smaller cameras let's get it built then, box size isn't too important as that should be a hideaway unit anyway, it's what needs to go on the windows that matters and reliable data transmission back to the main unit

1080p diameter of camera outer shell can be even close to 1cm, if look at recent hot product of Mobius, Innovv, Dimika. They all use high quality CMOS AR0330 3.5Mpix 1080p, and based on those facts can assume minimal possible size.
Of course if used a bigger CMOS like Sony Exmor, then outer shell size would be a little bit bigger, but not that much bigger, about 1.5cm in diameter. Of course need to build Sony Exmor CMOS PCB from scratch away from conventional way of build, not to add IC-s / other michrochips to surrounding outside of CMOS, but "behind" of CMOS in few layers of PCB, this way to minimize overall size.

box size isn't too important as that should be a hideaway unit anyway, it's what needs to go on the windows that matters and reliable data transmission back to the main unit

Agree, - box size is the least worry ! Most important is cameras size and reliability as you mentioned.

If someone order 1k pcs, I can do immediately.

If someone order 1k pcs, I can do immediately.

There are plenty of investors out there who I guess don't mind making 30% deposite to start a production. I am personally not hang around with "that elite" who has big money, I am a simple person.
I guess I have to start playing a lottery, to get this money together :)

I am all for this concept / design.
But instead of having the camera cylinders sitting flush like that i would like the lens in the end of the cylinder.

Lets say the camera housing is 20 x 40 mm, then like that you will see 20 x 40 mm on the window, but if the lens was at the end of the cylinder al you would see is a 20 mm diameter round shape.
So i would prefer the cameras to be small bullet cameras, like on the Panasonic HX-A100 action camera
And i would like the DVR headunit to contain a ssd or laptop harddrive, and i would like for that harddrive to be hot sawp so i can bring it into my house and dock it in my USB 3.0 harddisk docking station for quick transfer to my computer or other storage solution.

Last edited:
I agree. Most important is to minimize "footprint" / exposure to outside. Kinda half size of AA battery size where lens are on the side where is + or - of the battery.
Or like design of aftermarket reversing cameras.

yep i wouldent mind if the DVR "headunit" was the size of a cigar box :D but the cameras need to be seen as Little as possibel from the outside of the car.

Obviously remote cameras need to be as small as possible but the shape is important as well. I've noticed that my GT300W, when seen from outside my vehicle looks like a camera because it is shaped like what people expect a camera to look like. On the other hand when I use the DR32 it just looks like a nondescript black square that doesn't seem to register with people as a camera. It's always the GT300W people notice if the light is on it directly.

:D.....but the cameras need to be seen as Little as possibel from the outside of the car.

This is MAIN Concept of future of dash cam system which actually already in big demand right now.
- cameras need to be seen AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE from outside of the car !

Other extras like OP system, functionality, removable hdd, wifi, gsm, gps and so on - this is other topic.
Having separate hidden main unit where size almost doesnt matter, it allows to built in easily endnless extras depending on market needs, but MOST important ( point of this thread ) is to bring a message to manufacturers about needs of new concept in dashcam system development.

1080p diameter of camera outer shell can be even close to 1cm, if look at recent hot product of Mobius, Innovv, Dimika. They all use high quality CMOS AR0330 3.5Mpix 1080p, and based on those facts can assume minimal possible size.
Of course if used a bigger CMOS like Sony Exmor, then outer shell size would be a little bit bigger, but not that much bigger, about 1.5cm in diameter. Of course need to build Sony Exmor CMOS PCB from scratch away from conventional way of build, not to add IC-s / other michrochips to surrounding outside of CMOS, but "behind" of CMOS in few layers of PCB, this way to minimize overall size.
Can I take it, from this, that in order to have the 'better' cam, one needs to incorporate the gubbins behind the lens? (and hence why the remote lens we see here are so large?)
If this is the case, then can we not go down the 'Mobius plus 20cm lens extension' route? This way, we just have the small lens in the screen, connected to a small pcb in a tiny box which can be mounted away from the window. This can then send all the info to the main 'brains'.

In the OP scenario, the main DVR resembles a mobile phone. If this has mobile capabilities, maybe the unit can be set up to provide Bluetooth and/ or even wifi. If the unit has motion detect, it could even send you footage when it detects - so you could remotely view something happening?
The setup of the OP being 2x720p would make an ideal add on for additional coverage. I see a need for just 1080p for the front and 720 for the rear and sides - 720 has served us well & given decent footage from front cams, heck, even 480 got me out of an expensive insurance claim - so I would be happy with 3x 480 and 1x1080. Better still would be2x480 (sides), 720 (rear) and 1080 (front).
Maybe this would be a good way of developing the system, by walking before you start running?
I'd rather have a good system running 3x480 and a 1080 at a reasonable cost sometime soon than wait an eternity for the tech to catch up.
Even if I had to keep pulling the SD card or portable hard drive every time.
Which reminds me, I think I read somewhere that micro SD cards run slower than full-sized - so any system which uses a big box for the DVR would surely be better using full-sized SD with the option to plug in a portable hard drive (or laptop/tablet etc) for downloading (via USB or whatever is quick).

This is MAIN Concept of future of dash cam system which actually already in big demand right now.
- cameras need to be seen AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE from outside of the car !

Other extras like OP system, functionality, removable hdd, wifi, gsm, gps and so on - this is other topic.
Having separate hidden main unit where size almost doesnt matter, it allows to built in easily endnless extras depending on market needs, but MOST important ( point of this thread ) is to bring a message to manufacturers about needs of new concept in dashcam system development.
Manufacturer could start with a basic 4ch system - 3x480, 1x1080 for reasonable (cheap) cost.
Add/plug in a gps unit (which would also have a pcb full of 'stuff' to enable it to communicate with the basic system & imprint info, if required, onto SD card. Add on a wifi card etc etc - (raspberry Pi anyone?). Reminds me of my old Commodore 64, had an expansion card plugged into the back with 4 extra bits plugged into it, including a 9v battery to keep the memory alive & save me from the endless loading of same programmes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another potential buyer posted THIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mollydog Dash Cam Discussion 5
mac Dash Cam Discussion 12
Back