Walking with your Mobius

JimGunther

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just returned from a road trip through Northern Italy. Got about 16 hours of video to edit.

One day I used an external energy pack and carried the Mobius (in the dash mount) discreetly. While my wife now refers to the Mobius as the "Stalker Cam" notwithstanding the natural arm movement rocking, I got some great shots of Venice.

Anybody using a remote lens (or some wearable device) to "Dash Cam" your pedestrian life?

Don't want or need Google Glass but, I'd like to have a less rocking playback.

TIA - Yes, I'm a nerd.

Don't want or need Google Glass but, I'd like to have a less rocking playback.

Cheapest way is to velcro the Mobius (or 808 #16 keyfob camera) under the peak of a baseball cap. The head and neck act as natural stabilisers for the eyes (think of a chicken's head when walking). Also, wide angle lenses reduce the distracting motion.

Next option is to use editing software to stabilise the video. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 and it does variable amounts of stabilising quite well.

Third option (and best in my experience) is to use a Sony action cam with "Steadyshot" turned on... look up Techmoan's test/sample videos.

I don't know of any other action cams that do similar and the Sony fits in the hand nicely.

Cheapest way is to velcro the Mobius (or 808 #16 keyfob camera) under the peak of a baseball cap. The head and neck act as natural stabilisers for the eyes (think of a chicken's head when walking)

No, no! You need a real chicken head to act as a stabilizer! :p A human's head isn't quite the same (at least for most of us. :))

Okay, affix Mobius to chicken's head then place chicken upon one's head. Tie chicken's legs around jaw with net at rear to catch bonus eggs :)

If that fails... get a Merc.

Great stuff... not seen either of those before... to late for the patent now I suppose.

Great stuff... not seen either of those before... to late for the patent now I suppose.

Well, there still needs to be a good way to "tie chicken's legs around jaw with net at rear to catch bonus eggs". That's worth a patent! In fact, I can just imagine having a "chicken stabilizer cam" attached to a motorcycle helmet. It would be quite a sight going down the highway. Get it up on Kickstarter right away! Then again, based on what that chicken did on the guy's kitchen table, you might need more than just a net to catch the eggs! :p (and he used roosters anyway, so no eggs I 'spose.)

Back