Want mobile notification and live stream when hiking

Lukehumphrey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you connect the 770 to a wifi hotspot device to allow communicating with the cloud?
Can you then configure it to send your phone a notification if impact/motion detected, then allow you to see a live stream to confirm if someone is breaking into your vehicle?

You can do this with the Blackvue, but would rather have this camera if it can do that. Deciding between the 2.

Thanks~

don't believe it can do this, not even sure the Blackvue does what you want, you can view the Blackvue remotely but can't recall push notifications being something they support

I checked with a Blackvue vendor that seemed really knowledgeable (Dash cam bros) and they said this scenario is indeed supported via the Blackvue app.

I checked with a Blackvue vendor that seemed really knowledgeable (Dash cam bros) and they said this scenario is indeed supported via the Blackvue app.

do you need the subscription for that? I know there has been some mention of limitations on the free allowance they offer but unsure what they are, if it does what you want though it's probably about your only option, there are some Korean cameras that do this but they work over the cellular network and I'm not sure the supported frequencies would work for the USA, not that I've seen anyone selling those outside of Korea anyway

you may see things change next year, we just did a trade show in Hong Kong last month and there was someone from Verizon asking around for cellular capable dashcams, sounded like it was something there were looking to get into

Vendor said the free subscription gets you:

"10 minutes of live view daily, 5 GB cloud storage, 100 Video downloads per month via cloud"

Which is all I would personally need as you could always download stuff you wanted to keep and use your own storage.

Any links to any of the new stuff coming out next year?

Yes confirmed this.

I'm more interested in a confirmation that the Thinkware 770 cannot do this. If it cannot, I'll buy the Blackvue for sure.

as far as i knew the push notifications were free, it was the live feed and cloud storage that was limited. I would love to be able to use that feature, but i would mainly want it while my car is parked. Having a hotspot in my car while the car is just another device that would be draining my battery, and costs $20-30 a month from the services I checked. all the mobile hotspot devices did have built in batteries too but i never took the plunge to test out if i could run my cameras plus a mobile hot spot on my cellink batteries. i remember reading the hotspot devices could get anywhere from 4-6 hours of battery life, which means if i wanted it to last over night it would need to be powered off my car or cellink battery too.

thinkware for sure has no feature like that.

Back