Wanted : Rear view mirror mounted dash cam

MA0145

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm new to this site so I apologise if I say / do something stupid.

To get to the point, I was thinking of picking up a dash cam that would mount to and act as the rear view mirror. I know these can easily be found, I'm keeping my eye on the Toguard 7'", but I would very much like it to have a rear view camera that will mount to the existing license plate mounting holes (drilling holes isn't an option, and I'm not sure if adhesive will last with the things my SUV goes through). Does anyone know of a good option that fits this, or should I try and jerryrig a custom mount with the Toguard I mentioned earlier?

Thank you for your time :)
-MA0145

Welcome to the forum.
You should put a rear camera in your rear window, where i assume your SUV even have a wiper.
Cameras mounted on the outside in the elements are not really suites for dashcam use and the little details people most often want them to capture, for a reversing camera it don't matter if you have a little dirt on the lens.
Having your dashcam nice and warm on the inside also mean you have a much larger selection of cameras to choose from, from dual channel systems to single cameras.

It seem like you want to combine reversing camera and dashcam, and this are never a good idea and the selection of cameras to choose from are little and most often confined to the mid / low end of the market.
A proper reversing camera you might even be able to plug into the headunit you already have, and so you don't need a extra screen for that, otherwise camera & screen systems you can get for around 50 USD as far as i know.

Back