Wanting to buy a action/dash cam for motorsport in Australia

AngryArowana

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,new to forum,have been comparing a few days for different cams,looking to buy a SJCAM M10+ for general dashcam + Motorsport incar footage use..

Where could I buy one locally in Australia other then getting one sent from Ebay china with 3 days warranty ?

Also will consider other cams.

Thanks in advance.

As an Action Cam- form is even more important, than on DashCams, I concur with in the choice of format with OP

As for suggestion for alternative, would say to consider Mobius, just good, reliable all-rounder even today ;)

before trying to suggest anything else what is it about the M10+ you like?

I guess for now all I can say is I quite like the look of the M10 itself & 2K video is a plus.

I had a go pro hero 4 in my car on the last track day I went to,and my friend had a Hero 3 in his,when we looked at the video on the computer,there was quite a different between the 4K vs 1080.

But as for a dash cam,I didn't think it was a good idea to use a gopro,so I'm guessing 2k on a M10 would be more suited ?

But like I said,I'm open to suggestions.
Thank you.

As an Action Cam- form is even more important, than on DashCams, I concur with in the choice of format with OP

As for suggestion for alternative, would say to consider Mobius, just good, reliable all-rounder even today ;)

I will look into the möbius models & report back later on.

Thank you.

need to read between the lines with some of the resolutions and specs offered as they're often achieved results rather than true spec

I guess for now all I can say is I quite like the look of the M10 itself & 2K video is a plus.

I had a go pro hero 4 in my car on the last track day I went to,and my friend had a Hero 3 in his,when we looked at the video on the computer,there was quite a different between the 4K vs 1080.

But as for a dash cam,I didn't think it was a good idea to use a gopro,so I'm guessing 2k on a M10 would be more suited ?

But like I said,I'm open to suggestions.
Thank you.
Does your computer have a 4k monitor? Or were you watching on a 1080 monitor and it was just that the Hero4 is better?

For your motorsport 60 frames per second might be desirable, you wont get that from the Hero4 at 4K resolution.

The M10+ only has a 4MP sensor, and with some lost to the gyro you only really get 1080 from it even if it claims 2K.

Also the sound quality on the M10+ is not great, you might be disappointed by the sound from your motorsport. If sound quality is important then look at a Gitup Git2.

Does your computer have a 4k monitor? Or were you watching on a 1080 monitor and it was just that the Hero4 is better?

For your motorsport 60 frames per second might be desirable, you wont get that from the Hero4 at 4K resolution.

The M10+ only has a 4MP sensor, and with some lost to the gyro you only really get 1080 from it even if it claims 2K.

Also the sound quality on the M10+ is not great, you might be disappointed by the sound from your motorsport. If sound quality is important then look at a Gitup Git2.

hmm.. I just watched the video on a normal laptop and on a TV. It just seemed like the Hero 4 was a lot more clear with better picture quality.
I knew there had to be an catch to that 2K advertised resolution !

I'll check out the Git2.
Thank you =)

Peeps here are uber knowledgeable, but are absolutely focused on details, that are most of importance as in DashCams- AKA techSpec etc. Combination of factors in M10+ make it rather decent choice, from perspective of (mainly daytime), video's shot and watched, without forensics ;)
No offense intended

Short read, but ever so lovable way Matt explains in no nonsense language his findings
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2015/12/15/2k-gyro-action-cam-showdown-p2-vs-m10.html
or straight to the video

garbage as in what to look at, still, some "comparison"

I'm really curious about the xiaomi dvr as a dual purpose street/track cam.
I have a gopro hero 4 black and while the video quality is awesome the reliability isn't great, I often get corruption errors and while the Hero 4 is good at fixing those corrupt files I just don't think it's worth the money.
I've had Hero 1, 2 , 3 (silver), and 4 (black) and the only one that was consistently reliable was the 2 which I still kept to this day.
On the flip side I've never really had corruption issues with my dashcams unless I hadn't formatted the card in months

Back