Wants for the next firmware / hardware update DR550GW Dual Dashcam

lol cheers. having a rant more about the hp dell and acer that have problems installing the original factory software the disk burning software never works and I can install my paid for windows 7 Ultimate OS but that's mine for my machines, i don't want 7 on the customers PCs they want the original vista, Plus the HP touch screen needs drivers not available for 7 and 8 works but not in tablet mode. I am a pro I know what's up Just hate bad designs. but cheers for the telling off. just having a bad day. Nowt to do with the OS its the Disk image thats the problem, it will only install on exactly the right machine.

I know its off topic. LOL back to the firmware please

Pittasoft/BlackVue replied to a comment I made on YouTube the other day saying:

Yes, we're working to improve video quality on DR550GW-2CH.

Hopefully they do it in a timely matter, I don't think it will be a total bitrate of 10Mb/s like the DR500 is!

I think that in instances of new products you always have to expect bugs and things that just aren't right... Here's a few examples.

Microsoft 8 - Was crap. No serious organisation/company would change to this OS until the 1st Service Pack was released. This then made it ok.
GoPro 3 - Had shockingly tinny sound and would amplify static into white noise on every recording. Software update resolved this issue.
Big game launches - Always have a new update before you've even played it
iPhone - There is always some sort of issue such as crap battery, loose parts etc.

Now taking on board that the majority of the above are expensive products they still have problems at the beginning much like the Blackvue Cameras do. I always take onboard that if I want to be the first to have something I am always going to be paying the top price for it and that it may have an issue. As long as the company sort it then I don't care.

I know for a fact that Pittasoft monitor this forum as well as our Blackvue FaceBook Page (Link in my sig) to find out about these faults. Even if they don't post up immediately, you can be sure they are working on a fix.

In all honesty I believe that the reason the DR550 improvements have been taking a while is due to their new Action "GoPro Style" Camera that they have been developing...

I think that in instances of new products you always have to expect bugs and things that just aren't right... Here's a few examples.

Microsoft 8 - Was crap. No serious organisation/company would change to this OS until the 1st Service Pack was released. This then made it ok.
GoPro 3 - Had shockingly tinny sound and would amplify static into white noise on every recording. Software update resolved this issue.
Big game launches - Always have a new update before you've even played it
iPhone - There is always some sort of issue such as crap battery, loose parts etc.

Now taking on board that the majority of the above are expensive products they still have problems at the beginning much like the Blackvue Cameras do. I always take onboard that if I want to be the first to have something I am always going to be paying the top price for it and that it may have an issue. As long as the company sort it then I don't care.

I know for a fact that Pittasoft monitor this forum as well as our Blackvue FaceBook Page (Link in my sig) to find out about these faults. Even if they don't post up immediately, you can be sure they are working on a fix.

In all honesty I believe that the reason the DR550 improvements have been taking a while is due to their new Action "GoPro Style" Camera that they have been developing...

Okay Okay I was having a bad day LOL. I Am hoping for some form of fix for the faults but am quite annoyed at "all" companies for releasing things before fully testing them... I remember IBM OS2 Warp WOW great OS I know I had it on about 500 Floppy Disks LOL, so Microsoft released there Windows 3 ASAP and it was no where near finished.

Anyway I finished my rant last time LOL...
The End.

Back