Warning about the used G1W-C from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

Chris311

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am posting this as a warning for anyone interested in saving $8 and getting the used G1W-C on Amazon from Amazon Warehouse Deals.

I just recently purchased a G1W-C but received a G1W instead (The box had been mislabeled with a G1W-C bar-code sticker). I called Amazon and they gave me a full refund and a return label to send it back as the seller (X-Series) no longer had any more cameras in stock to be able to do a replacement. I paid $52 for the camera, and at the time I thought it was too good to be true, and it turns out I was right. I repurchased a second camera from Spytec through Amazon for $16 more, but the extra price is worth knowing I got the right camera this time.

But back to my warning. The day Amazon received the incorrectly labeled returned camera, I noticed a new listing for a used G1W-C being sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals. For those who don't know, Amazon Warehouse Deals is where Amazon sells open boxed and used returned items, so I have a feeling that the used G1W-C being listed is in fact the incorrectly labeled G1W I was sent and then returned. I also have reason to believe that the Amazon return facility did not do anything with the camera because even though I explained to the Amazon representative over the phone when getting the refund that they sent me the wrong camera, the email I received after getting off of the phone said that the reason for the return was "item shipped late" which means that the return facility had no way of knowing that the camera I returned has been labeled incorrectly.

This may all just be a coincidence but I felt the evidence was too strong to ignore and wanted to let anyone else about this to avoid having to go through the same thing I did.

-Chris

I always support idea @
... I repurchased a second camera from Spytec through Amazon for $16 more, but the extra price is worth knowing I got the right camera this time.

I bought 2 g1w cameras from Spytec, one was defective and cost me $23 USD to return. The deal I made with the csr was that I would get a G1W-C as a replacement if I covered the shipping.

What I got in return was a promise that I would get the G1W-C. Today I received a G1W and they're not replying to my emails now about anything including refunding my shipping cost.

They didn't hold up their end of the deal and now I'm out $23 USD to return a defective camera...

Give them a call at 1.877.212.7400. They have a good record here so hopefully this is a mistake. Keep us posted

Just saw this now. This was our mistake and we take full responsibility for it but I see that we did already send out a replacement G1W-C last Thursday to this customer.

Back