Warning. Be careful about buying BlackVue products.

Discussion in 'BlackVue' started by Brian Whitfield, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Brian Whitfield

Brian Whitfield New Member

United States
    Be careful about buying BlackVue products. As documented in messages on the DR65S-2 subforum, the BlackVue products appear to be very unstable and their technical support is non-existent. I'm out over $400.00 for a dashcam system that worked somewhat for 2-weeks.

2. michael007

michael007 Member

Canada
    An employee of Blackvue posted today on their sub-forum here on dashcamtalk..... Your issue is that you purchased a defective unit from an un-authorized vendor.

Plenty of authorized vendors are around that offer stellar support like Blackboxmycar. I see they tried to help you on another thread.

Make a chargeback if your vendor isn't being supportive instead of slandering the manufacturer. It's specifically posted on Blackvue's website that only authorized vendors are supported.

Credit card companies support chargebacks for units that are DOA.. Creating multiple threads and spamming the forum isn't the solution....

BlackboxMyCar and alexsoll like this.
  3. Brian Whitfield

Brian Whitfield New Member

United States
    Is isn't slander when you speak the truth. You don't know what you are talking about....

4. michael007

michael007 Member

Canada
    Dude, really?

You wrote:
    If it worked for only two weeks, then it's a defective unit. Every company has quality control problems. If you knew it had a problem, you do something about it.

Not deflect on others.

5. DashcamDPR

DashcamDPR Active Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    2x Mio Mivue 508, Autovox A118c
    "can't get any reaction from blackvue, so I'll attack anyone who does react"

Not gonna fix the issue though is it

michael007 and SawMaster like this.
  6. BlackboxMyCar

BlackboxMyCar Active Member Retailer

Canada
    Dash Cam:
    Thinkware, BlackVue, BlackSys , LG Innotek, VIOFO,
    Even though you didn't purchase this from us, we might still be able to help you out as far as getting the unit repaired through BlackVue.
    To be honest the turnaround time if the unit has to be sent to Korea for repairs is a bit long but if you'd like to just get it working again it wouldn't be the worst idea.

If you wanted to trade it in for a different brand/unit altogether we can also look into that.
    Feel free to email us at info@blackboxmycar.com (Attn: Justin) and I'll try to help you out however we can

Paul Shires and Bungus like this.